Shed a tear.

You can chat about anything you like here
zapo

Shed a tear.

Post by zapo »

Wow, fantastic weather this week, especially for us unemployed....er.......I mean early retired..... :D
For those of you that put away your classic bikes over the winter months I shed a tear.
For the rest of us, I'm sure that you will be joining me and taking advantage.
Last week I got numb fingers, this week I am too hot when stationary at the traffic lights.
Bizarre but God bless global warming :roll:
I had two stroke's and survived.
stevewharton

Re: Shed a tear.

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Zapo, (your not a member of the Marx brothers are you? Bet you've never heard that one before eh?)
Know what you mean about a bit of sunshine making you want to get out and ride, even if it is as cold as a witches t*ts.
That's what I was tempted to do this morning after getting the newly shod front wheel back in the bike, but I resisted the temptation and stuck to my golden rule (never ride a nice classic bike on salty roads) and that's what it's still like in Grimsby, with a few roads still damp too.
So it'll be a few weeks yet before I venture out on two wheels, anyway isn't winter the time to do all those maintenance, repairs and fettling jobs?
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

well i was out today on me bikes not much crap on the roads but gave the pipes and stuff a quick rub with some acf50 on a rag and with the outlook for the next few days up to 14c gotta make the most of it,2sj
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
barney01

Post by barney01 »

I ride every day except in the rain. I stick to main roads as salt comes off easier than cows**t! ACF50 is definately your friend too amazing stuff
Attachments
It helps if you have one of these!
It helps if you have one of these!
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
slosher

Post by slosher »

Hi Barney that bike looks stunning mate when the weather picks up fancy a meet either at The Raven cafe or The Ponderosa :)

Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

A few heroes out today, clearly skills are a little rusty yet, running wide on bends and roundabouts, so if ou are going out, take it easy for a while, please !
barney01

Post by barney01 »

slosher wrote:Hi Barney that bike looks stunning mate when the weather picks up fancy a meet either at The Raven cafe or The Ponderosa :)

Cheers Dave
Hi Dave sounds like a plan 8-)
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Time to eat my words as they say, cos I've just been out in the sunshine on FAB for a quick hours ride and boy did I enjoy that. :D
Yes it was a bit cold, yes the roads were a bit damp in places and yes I was taking it steady, especially with that new front tyre, but I certainly came back with a big smile on my face, roll on the summer. Just got to get the GSX1100 put back together now.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
zapo

Post by zapo »

FAB-ulous :D
I had two stroke's and survived.