Speed cameras !!!

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Speed cameras !!!

Post by stevewharton »

I've spent the whole week dreading the postman dropping an official looking brown envelope through my letterbox, since travelling over to see Baz at Dudley last saturday.
I'm very used to all the crafty places that the camera vans hide in rural Lincolnshire and I know exactly where all the fixed cameras are too, so the only thing I have to be wary of around my area are mobile stealth cameras.
So travelling from my daughters in Coventry along the A45 and then onto the M6 was a bit of a nightmare for me. The A45 has fixed cameras at regular intervals between Coventry and Solihul, which is very sneaky because the speed limit fluctuates between 30, 40, 50 and 60 and several times I thought I'd been caught just over the limit.
I then got onto the M6 where there's a total traffic jam due to roadworks, the limit being 50. This I stuck to religiously, tucking myself in behind a large white van and feeling very law abiding. However when the van driver stamped on his brakes I wondered what the hell had happened in front and pulled into the outside lane to have a look. Nothing had happened so I accelerated back to 50 and passed the van, only to immediately notice that the limit was now 30 (so that's why he stood on his brakes). I slowed down straight away but saw that there was a camera that could have "got me" and that's why I've been paranoid all week.
Don't think I'm out of the woods yet though :( gits.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mizzytheman

Re: Speed cameras !!!

Post by mizzytheman »

If it doesn’t land within 14 days of the alleged offence then you’re in the clear. If it comes after 14 days get the postman to sign and date the letter and write back to the authorities and tell them it didn’t arrive within the allocated time.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Ask David Beckham! :o
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Do you mean the multi millionaire David Beckham??? who's wealth enables the likes of him to afford the services of someone like Mr Loophole, who'll find a technical error in the judicial procedure to get them off :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Well it's over two weeks now since I thought I'd fell foul of a speed camera on the M6 near Birmingham, and a scary brown envelope from the authorities still hasn't arrived, phew. I was convinced I'd been caught and the sense of relief is awesome, compared to the feeling of dread that anyone who's been caught has experienced. Last time I was caught was on May 1st 2016 (yes they do still catch you on a bank holiday :roll: ) on my newly acquired GSX1100 which I bought from Terry on here. I didn't know a thing till the letter arrived and it stated that I'd been doing 68mph in a 60mph limit, so taking into account the percentage they allow, I was 1mph over the limit. A £100 fine and three points seems a bit severe for 1mph over the limit don't you think? I certainly did.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I got caught on my Kettle in Wrexham on the way back from the Ponderosa one Sunday 2017
I didn’t know I had been flashed :o but the letter said I was doing 47 in a 40! I took the £60 rehabilitation option and saved the three points. I was the only motorcyclist on the course and the only one who didn’t make excuses for the offence :D
Some of the twonks in the classroom shouldn’t ever had been given a driving licence :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

PaulD738 wrote: Some of the twonks in the classroom shouldn’t ever had been given a driving licence :lol:
Beemer and Audiyerdo drivers no doubt........ :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Steve, refer them back to me, and I'll back up your story about the sticking throttle !
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Terry, strange you said that because I told them it was you driving :lol: must have rumbled me though cos I still got the fine and points :roll:
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Cheers "mate" !