WHAT does this remind me of ?

You can chat about anything you like here
canaletto5

Re: WHAT does this remind me of ?

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:Paul does a lot of carping - most of it quite common. Richard has never been coy about anything as far as I'm aware.
Now Koi would be a fish of a different colour......
(Look it up, there's no such thing as 'Koi carp'.)
Really ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koi
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

PaulD738 wrote:
itsnotateapot wrote:It now looks like a coy carp :o
No it’s definitely a “common” carp :roll:
Slightly similar colour Paul, but on closer scrutiny the pattern's very different. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:Paul does a lot of carping - most of it quite common. Richard has never been coy about anything as far as I'm aware.
I think Richard's talking about the orange GSX Alan, but then who knows what Richard's talking about. (Accent, nonsense, take your pick. :roll: )
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

teebowbusablaster wrote:Tee Hee, I love the banter in here, nice "G" by the way, I had one just like it !
"Had" Terry, it's mine now and you're not getting it back. ;)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

canaletto5 wrote:
Really ?

Yes really. The word 'Koi' means 'coloured carp', so koi carp' would be coloured carp carp. Like I said, no such thing as koi carp. Unlike me to be so picky, I suppose. :roll:
I was Vice Chairman (nowt t'do wi' vice!!!) and newsletter editor for the Yorkshire Association of Aquarist Societies many years ago, and also wrote articles for the Aquatic magazines about my fish breeding exploits, so I do know a bit about the subject!

Next! :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Is that like a chirpy chirpy cheep cheep ?
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:
canaletto5 wrote:
Really ?

Yes really. The word 'Koi' means 'coloured carp', so koi carp' would be coloured carp carp. Like I said, no such thing as koi carp. Unlike me to be so picky, I suppose. :roll:
I was Vice Chairman (nowt t'do wi' vice!!!) and newsletter editor for the Yorkshire Association of Aquarist Societies many years ago, and also wrote articles for the Aquatic magazines about my fish breeding exploits, so I do know a bit about the subject!

Here you go

https://www.bkks.co.uk/

They are looking for anoraks scale-counters experts to join them. Use up some of that spare time you clearly have too much of :lol: :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

teebowbusablaster wrote:Is that like a chirpy chirpy cheep cheep ?
No, that would be dicky birds. I used to keep those too - mainly parakeets, so that's probably why I'm used to all the squawking on here. :|
I don't like the reference to cheep cheep either. I'm economical, not cheep. Image
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

canaletto5 wrote:
Alan H wrote:
canaletto5 wrote:
Really ?

Here you go

https://www.bkks.co.uk/

They are looking for anoraks scale-counters experts to join them. Use up some of that spare time you clearly have too much of :lol: :lol:
No thanks, too busy biking, caravanning, gardening, holidaying, and doing other stuff. Anyway I filled the pond in last year. Gave all the fish away FIRST, before anyone comments. Did you notice they don't call themselves Koi carp society?

See. Image
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

That explains why they have so many vacancies, no one knows what they are on about. ;)