GT750 Chain run

You can chat about anything you like here
teebowbusablaster

GT750 Chain run

Post by teebowbusablaster »

I had a new chain and sprockets put on my kettle as the guy who had it had put an oversize chain on, that was eating away at the cases.

The new chain is correctly tensioned, BUT sounds to be dragging on something on the top run, towards the front of the chain guard.

Is there supposed to be a guide on top of the swing arm does anybody know ? As I suspect it's dragging on something in there.
stevewharton

Re: GT750 Chain run

Post by stevewharton »

Hi Terry, if I were you I'd take the chain guard off and spin the wheel, if everything looks and sounds okay round the swingarm and the chain's not binding behind the front sprocket, then the chain must be touching the guard. You should be able to tweak the guard/mounting lugs if it is.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
widget

Post by widget »

Or you may have to put a tab washer behind the front sprocket to space out ...
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

Took the front sprocket cover off, and all was OK, but it needed a spacer between the frame lug and the chainguard at the front, which was missing ! Spaced it out by around 5mm, and all is now quiet again !