£100 worth of chrome loveliness just arrived !

You can chat about anything you like here
Harrymail

Re: £100 worth of chrome loveliness just arrived !

Post by Harrymail »

Agbrigg don't usually do repairs so that will be for chroming as is I presume. So any dents or scrapes need sorting first.
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
teebowbusablaster

Post by teebowbusablaster »

That was just for chroming. Will have a word with Quality Chrome down Witham, I've used them before.
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

teebowbusablaster wrote:Saw these doing the rounds on Ebay over the last few weeks, so made an offer and had them couriered up.
A few scratches but all solid, and perfect candidates for a rechrome, in fact the centre downpipe has already been done !
20190503_133517-800x600.jpg
I'm pretty sure a mate of mine went and looked at those pipes and the owner insisted he'd take no less than £400 for them so a bargain for sure. Personally by the time you've shelled out for a bandit proclaiming to be a chromer to redo a used set I think a set of Delkavics A grade pipes (they have minor marks on them) at £750-800 brand new are a much better option if you want the original look. No good for rivet counters of course ;)
teebowbusablaster

Chris57 wrote:
teebowbusablaster wrote:Saw these doing the rounds on Ebay over the last few weeks, so made an offer and had them couriered up.
A few scratches but all solid, and perfect candidates for a rechrome, in fact the centre downpipe has already been done !
20190503_133517-800x600.jpg
I'm pretty sure a mate of mine went and looked at those pipes and the owner insisted he'd take no less than £400 for them so a bargain for sure. Personally by the time you've shelled out for a bandit proclaiming to be a chromer to redo a used set I think a set of Delkavics A grade pipes (they have minor marks on them) at £750-800 brand new are a much better option if you want the original look. No good for rivet counters of course ;)
Southampton? They came in a Delkevic box with the original foam cut outs, so happy with them.
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

I've used Quality Chrome Terry. Very good standard, but can be 3 months or more waiting. Worth checking with them if you're not in a hurry.
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
teebowbusablaster

Yeah, I had a load of 550 bits done, not quick, but wasn't in a hurry.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

teebowbusablaster wrote:I phoned AGBRIGGS one of the chromers here in the North for a price JUST for the 4 silencers. £1300.

Er, I think not.
Tell me about it. I took 2 x 550 outers there thinking it would be about £400 for the pair (The last price I paid, admittedly a while ago) I got a price of £700 :o :o :o Last time I use em I'm afraid
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Unfortunately for us, new regulations on chemical use and disposal has caused all chromers to put their prices up. It is horrible stuff they use after all. They may be taking the wazz a bit, but blame gubmint (mainly eu) for that.
Shame the polar bears still seem to be karking it, innit? :roll:

Remember that I had the Earwig spannies done in a ceramic coating. Might be an option.
Last edited by Alan H on Wed May 08, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
teebowbusablaster

Lad opposite's kettle exhausts are done in Black Ceramic, look ok, but somehow wrong, shiny black instead of shiny Chrome
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

Hexavalent (hard chrome) plating is banned in the US as well, not just an EU "thing", its now only allowed, by licence, for items which need it ie hydraulic rams and similar, trivalent chrome plating (decorative/soft chroming) is still allowed. The regulations were passed in 2002 with an implementation date of September 2017 so plenty of time for platers to adjust.
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl