If you’ve modified your exhaust. LOOK OUT.

You can chat about anything you like here
mizzytheman

Re: If you’ve modified your exhaust. LOOK OUT.

Post by mizzytheman »

PaulD738 wrote:
stevewharton wrote:We've a young lad down our street with a pimped ford focus, that not only has the obligatory loud exhaust, but also has something fitted to the gearchange that loudly shouts "ouch" each time he changes gear

And what about all the 40 ton+ lorries (much louder than bikes) thundering round our towns and villages, no mention of them eh.
Ok first of all the “bikers” (I hate that term) making all the racket are mostly born again riders who are re-living their youth riding sports bikes with offensively loud zorsts fitted pretending they are lapping the Isle of Man at 130mph :x none of these bikes would pass the ACU noise test.

Second the ouch noise isn’t attached to the gearchange it’s a turbo wastegate.

And thirdly 44t lorries are quieter than most family saloon cars and I know as I’ve been driving them for 40 odd years! Modern lorries are very quiet machines.
Just saying like :roll:

That’s a relief I thought you were going to mention “Higgspeed”. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alan H

Re: If you’ve modified your exhaust. LOOK OU WF8 3JP

Post by Alan H »

PaulD738 wrote:Modern lorries are very quiet machines.
Just saying like :roll:
Unlike their drivers, no doubt....... :roll: :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

[quote="PaulD738"][quote="stevewharton"]We've a young lad down our street with a pimped ford focus, that not only has the obligatory loud exhaust, but also has something fitted to the gearchange that loudly shouts "ouch" each time he changes gear

Second the ouch noise isn’t attached to the gearchange it’s a turbo wastegate.

Paul, I know what a turbo wastegate sounds like, but this is like an actual recording of a human voice saying "ouch" just like they're being hit on the head with a mallet, and it does this every time he changes gear??? I think it would drive me mad, but he obviously thinks it annoys or
impresses people and makes him look cool.
As for the massive loud lorries I think they should all be banned from town centres and all the drivers arrested and shot :o ;)
P.S. I am of course joking about the arrested and shot bit, so don't take offense :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
willowden

Post by willowden »

I think my neighbours will be delighted !!
Attachments
6EBA64EF-BC59-43F5-89EA-B8DBF99773E4.jpeg
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Better order up some of that wadding from Yambits then :roll:
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
swarrans

Post by swarrans »

PaulD738 wrote:
Ok first of all the “bikers” (I hate that term) making all the racket are mostly born again riders who are re-living their youth riding sports bikes with offensively loud zorsts fitted pretending they are lapping the Isle of Man at 130mph :x none of these bikes would pass the ACU noise test.
l:
I agree. I live on a B road with a 50mph speed limit and even as a lover of bikes I can tell you that the offensively loud exhausts retrofitted to nearly all sports bikes get really old after a while on a summer weekend. They are generally travelling in excess of 100mph past my house too which is completely irresponsible on a single carriageway B road with switchbacks. There's already been a couple of deaths over the last few years but it doesn't stop them...

Some of the bikes are so loud it is unbelievable and not even a "nice" noise like my CBX makes!..

Simon
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

You missed one out Alan, the one which started the crazy ‘positive discrimination’
country we live in today. The Sikh helmet exemption law. Can’t remember what year
but MAG were incensed by it at the time. Finally back on topic, IMO the Harley brigade
are the worst offenders on the noise front (and other fronts!)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

1973. Strangely enough it's between 72 and 74. :lol:
Or in the case of my list, 71 and 75........ :roll:
The actual turbanista exemption was '76. Daft doing it then as it was the hottest summer on record. OK for sweaty heads, I suppose.

More info here on sikhiwiki (I kid you not! :shock: ) https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Tur ... e_by_Sikhs
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Optedout

Post by Optedout »

Fascinating Alan thank you. I note that the wording was carefully chosen to stop
MAG members and people like me claiming to be a Sikh!
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

mizzytheman wrote:

That’s a relief I thought you were going to mention “Higgspeed”. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was VERY tempted Martin :twisted:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!