Baz and his two stroke diesel

You can chat about anything you like here
zapo

Baz and his two stroke diesel

Post by zapo »

In conversation with Baz at last nights VJMC meet he tried to convince me about the existence of two stroke diesels and I was a bit sceptical.
So Baz, having now read up on the topic I have to admit that you were right, albeit that it requires exhaust valves to allow it to work and in my mind is therefore a fourstroke with two strokes missing :lol: that's my story and I'm sticking to it ;)
An easier way to run a two stroke diesel is to cover your radiator with tin foil for winter short journeys and forget to take it off in springtime....... don't ask how I know :roll:
I had two stroke's and survived.
PaulD738

Re: Baz and his two stroke diesel

Post by PaulD738 »

Many moons ago I used to drive a 1977 32t ERF lorry with a Detroit V6 two stroke diesel that was supercharged and turbocharged! It was just as you would expect a two stroke to be, all top end and no low down grunt at all. It made a fantastic noise though and sounded like a tornado jet fighter on full afterburner
Attachments
D2AF5FDB-A8CF-4AB3-B057-13CA4AD698E0.jpeg
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Haggler

Re: Baz and his two stroke diesel

Post by Haggler »

Deltic engines were 2 stroke. 3 crankshafts arranged in a triangular position so utilising the closing pistons as the combustion chamber so no cylinder heads. Amazing sound on full chat