tarozzi engine bars

You can chat about anything you like here
quark77

tarozzi engine bars

Post by quark77 »

hi , anyone ever fitted these crash bars to a kettle ? i jave a new set but no instructions !
stevewharton

Re: tarozzi engine bars

Post by stevewharton »

Do a search on google for "Tarozzi engine bars", there's a very clear picture of the bars fitted to a kettle, no fitting instructions though. However, I'd contact Tarozzi through their website and if you ask nicely they might send you some online instructions. Tell them you bought the bars new at an autojumble without instructions and also tell them you're with the Kettle Clinic and if they help you it could generate some sales, they'll probably be very keen to help. It's worked for me many many times. ;)

(With age there comes subtle and crafty ways of obtaining the things you want! (Ancient Chinese proverb. :roll: )
Last edited by stevewharton on Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
quark77

Post by quark77 »

cheers mate
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Or just lie through your teeth and say you bought them new in 197? never got round to fitting them until now when your dog ate the instructions :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

See what I mean, Pauls very good at it too :roll: and wait till you get to Alan H's age. ;)
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
johnakay

Post by johnakay »

only two bolts to each side should be easy enough to fit.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

As Johnakay says, they are very easy to fit, the only thing you may need to change are the engine bolts that the crash bars fit on to, for slightly longer ones.
When I bought my kettle in 1987 there was just one??? chrome plated crash bar fitted, so I took it to the fab' shop at the company where I worked and got them to make me a matching pair in polished stainless steel (I do like a bargain :roll: ) and they're still on the bike to this day.
Luckily they've never been used in anger in the 32 years and 98,000 miles since I bought it. :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Toolstation do very reasonably stainless screwed bar, washers and dome nuts which look good holding crash bars.
fishywharton wrote:See what I mean, Pauls very good at it too :roll: and wait till you get to Alan H's age. ;)
Cracks like that and Pauls a better chance than you.

(Only codding.........)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:Toolstation do very reasonably stainless screwed bar, washers and dome nuts which look good holding crash bars.

That's exactly what I used. :D
fishywharton wrote:See what I mean, Pauls very good at it too :roll: and wait till you get to Alan H's age. ;)
Cracks like that and Pauls a better chance than you.

(Only codding.........)
Oh there you are Alan, thought you'd dozed off. ;)