Bored bored bored!!!

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Bored bored bored!!!

Post by stevewharton »

The more observent amongst you may have noticed that I've been posting much more than usual over the last ten days, the reason for this being, I'm bored sh*tl*ss.
I've been told by the surgeon who performed my recent abdominal hernia op', that I'm not allowed to drive a car, or most devastatingly, ride my bikes or do any heavy fettling, for at least three to six weeks :shock: and in true "isn't that just feckin typical" form, the weather in Lincolnshire over the last ten days has been stunning and all I can do is look out the window and :cry:
My lovely :? Wife is revelling in my misery and keeps telling me " you'll just have to do what the doctor ordered" as if I don't know that!!! Of course as soon as I'm able to throw a leg (ouch) over my bike again, the heavens will open for a long spell of UK monsoon season, the temperature will drop to a record low and the salt lorries will be out spreading their grit and misery.
So please spare a thought for me whilst I'm in this sad predicament and understand that my rants and rambling posts will soon be back to normal.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mizzytheman

Re: Bored bored bored!!!

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Steve,

I’m sure you’ll get plenty of sympathetic comments from the guys on here. :D
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

mizzytheman wrote:Hi Steve,

I know there'll be lots of sympathy, :? but I don't think Alan H, Richard teapot, Paul738 etc, are either up yet or seen this :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

stevewharton wrote:
mizzytheman wrote:Hi Steve,

I know there'll be lots of sympathy, :? but I don't think Alan H, Richard teapot, Paul738 etc, are either up yet or seen this :roll:
The medication won’t have kicked in yet. :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Stop moaning you miserable cod loving git :tw
You could be in my shoes (but only if you have little feet)
I’ve had this week off work and finally got the Kat finished and mot’d, however despite the weather being good swmbo has found all sorts of jobs to do, shopping trips to go on etc and I’ve only managed one trip of 60odd miles.
See that’s made you feel better :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

PaulD738 wrote:Stop moaning you miserable cod loving git :tw
I’ve only managed one trip of 60odd miles.
See that’s made you feel better :roll:
No, that's not made me feel any better, at least you've had one trip out. :(
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Ah well at least I tried :roll:
Alan will be along later, I’m sure he’ll cheer you up no end :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

And while I'm still being a miserable git, :( can I remind you that cod isn't on the menu in Grimsby, only the best haddock fillet is good enough for our palates, cod is sent darn sarf where they don't appreciate proper seafood.
In fact there isn't a fish and chip shop here that serves cod and I've been reliably informed that it's only used for fishcakes. Lesson over. :ugeek:
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

stevewharton wrote:
And while I'm still being a miserable git, :( can I remind you that cod isn't on the menu in Grimsby, only the best haddock fillet is good enough for our palates, cod is sent darn sarf where they don't appreciate proper seafood.
In fact there isn't a fish and chip shop here that serves cod and I've been reliably informed that it's only used for fishcakes. Lesson over. :ugeek:
Its Pattie and chips with scraps in Hull. Cant afford fish here, its all gone across the river to Grimsby :lol:
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

i've had 2 hernia ops years apart and have driven home on both occaisions ,it's lifting heavy objects that need to be avoided.
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny