Bored bored bored!!!

You can chat about anything you like here
wardy

Re: Bored bored bored!!!

Post by wardy »

Good to hear that you're back on a bike Steve.
Just in time for winter!
all the best.Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Cheers Andy, yep winter's definitely on the way, but I've decided that as usual I'll sorn the GSX to save a few bob, (Yorkshire grandparentage :roll: ) and as the kettle's road tax exempt, on any bright, dry, not too cold, road salt free day, I'll be out for a quick bimble. So in other words, I'll see you all next spring :|
The last time I rode a bike all year round was about 2010 as transport for work, cos swmbo had the car to get her to work. One very cold late January morning I parted company with my trustee MZ saxon tour on a patch of ice, I went to the kerb and dislocated my shoulder and the bike went under a car travelling the other way, which dislocated the front wheel and forks from the rest of the bike :o and the car driver didn't stop. :?: :?: :?: I often wonder whether I'd still be here if me and the bike had gone in different directions :shock: scary thinking about it.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Well finally managed to get out on the kettle, after six long weeks of post op' recovery. Only going for a gentle ride to Willingham woods to see a few familiar faces and to put the world to rights, but someone mentioned there was a track day at Cadwell park (freebie :roll: ) so I was soon back on the bike. Didn't go on the track (think the kettle would've struggled to keep up) but really enjoyed watching the local nutters having fun and my quick one hour bimble turned into a five hour day out. Might take another ride out to Willingham on sunday morning if the weathers okay, so maybe see some of you there.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".