Tank badge repo 1975 GT750 issues....Again

You can chat about anything you like here
Skyguyz

Tank badge repo 1975 GT750 issues....Again

Post by Skyguyz »

Having read heathcliffe's post about tank badges I was weary of Aftermarket but I need to replace the battered ones I have. I did order the Aftermarket badges for my 1975 M GT750 form Diablo cycles. The quality looked good and I was going to mount them but then I noticed.....

They are not curved. These will break if you attempt to bend as they are made from inferior metal. Ok, so I then noticed the mounting pin looked a bit large circumference wise.
*The 1975 GT750 is the one that requires you to use a seperate mounting push nut,(Part # 09148-04005.)

The shaft diameter of the Aftermarket is too big for the OEM nut and the badge is straight not curved. I understand when using non OEM parts some fitment issues will arise but this is way off the mark to a point of unusable. Anyone have suggestions on a aftermarket tank badge for 1975 GT750 other than "Reproduction decals", (DBA: Diablo cycles) ???

Thanks,

Sky

Aftermarket:

OEM on left:

OEM:

Aftermarket:

OEM Fastner:
Peter

Re: Tank badge repo 1975 GT750 issues....Again

Post by Peter »

Classic Suzuki Parts in Netherlands were able to get me a NOS pair of push type tank badges a few years ago. He is worth reaching out to.
I too, got the repo from Australia first, and they snapped when I went to curve them to the shape of the tank. They did refund me though which was good of them.
Alan H

Re: Tank badge repo 1975 GT750 issues....Again

Post by Alan H »

I had some of these done ages ago, it's not impossible to get tank badges done. But just warm the badges up and gently bend them.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated