CHEAP BRAKE PADS!

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Re: CHEAP BRAKE PADS!

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:
stevewharton wrote:Cleethopes
Hmm, where's that then? Somewhere between somehopes and nohopes near the dogger bank border, I suspect.
Living on the coast is great if you like going to the seaside and for me the best things about Cleethorpes are the walks on the beach (free, so should appeal to Alan) especially towards the Humberstone end near the Fitties and Steeles fish and chip restaurant, which isn't free (sorry Alan), but is probably the best in the UK. :D
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Oh 'r'? ;)

It would mean spending on petrol to get there (when we can escape the current situation), and anyway, plenty of nice places to see around here - like this - https://wentworthwoodhouse.org.uk/ where Lynn works as a guide (unfortunately it's shut at the moment due to some snottyitis or summat.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

With Lynn working there, am I wrong to suppose that you get in free :?: :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Of course. I've helped them in the past too - at no charge - 'cos I'm a nice person.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
wardy

Post by wardy »

Alan H wrote:
Hmm, where's that then? Somewhere between somehopes and nohopes near the dogger bank border, I suspect.
Just to the East of Scunthorpe Alan. village called gunness. i cross over the border when going to Thorne each week for the pub quiz, but have to show my passport at the checkpoint. I also have to start talking funny to make myself understood. :
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Alan H wrote:Oh 'r'? ;)

It would mean spending on petrol to get there (when we can escape the current situation), and anyway, plenty of nice places to see around here - like this - https://wentworthwoodhouse.org.uk/ where Lynn works as a guide (unfortunately it's shut at the moment due to some snottyitis or summat.
And I thought she was a woman of Leisure. A much better job than the last one she had. :roll:

Looks like poor old Bob is down to his last two.
Attachments
AA22FBA7-638C-4A97-A0CE-E6774EF50AE4.png
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

wardy wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Just to the East of Scunthorpe Alan. village called gunness. i cross over the border when going to Thorne each week for the pub quiz, but have to show my passport at the checkpoint. I also have to start talking funny to make myself understood. :
Hi Wardy,

What do you mean, have to start talking funny :lol: :lol:
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

mizzytheman wrote:
Hi Steve,

Says the man who’s accent is only slightly easier to understand than Flemish :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

mizzytheman wrote:
wardy wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Hmm, where's that then?
Hi Steve,

Mizzy,

that was Wardies post not mine, but I imagine he means saying things like thee, thou, nowt, summat, bartat and duzthanor, so he mixes in with the locals. ;)
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

stevewharton wrote:
mizzytheman wrote:
wardy wrote: Just to the East of Scunthorpe Alan. village called gunness. i cross over the border when going to Thorne each week for the pub quiz, but have to show my passport at the checkpoint. I also have to start talking funny to make myself understood. :
Hi Steve,

Mizzy,

that was Wardies post not mine, but I imagine he means saying things like thee, thou, nowt, summat, bartat and duzthanor, so he mixes in with the locals. ;)
Sorry Steve,

I’ve changed it now. Seems I’m having trouble understanding the Yorkshire/Lincolnshire accent even when its written down. :roll: