A welcome distraction

You can chat about anything you like here
stevewharton

Re: A welcome distraction

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:She loves you? Only beetle song I know. They were crap.
Preferred Uriah Heep, Led Zeppelin, AC-DC, SAHB. Proper music, none er that scarse rubbish....... :roll:
Trust you to be awkward and disrespect the most successful band the world's ever known. :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

stevewharton wrote:
Preferred Uriah Heep, Led Zeppelin, AC-DC, SAHB. Proper music, none er that scarse rubbish....... :roll:
Trust you to be awkward and disrespect the most successful band the world's ever known. :roll:
No I’m partly with Alan there, loved all the old prog rock groups. Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Cream etc AC/DC being probably my favourite group of all time 8-)

https://youtu.be/zWCINQn6k0s
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

canaletto5 wrote:
Ac or DC ? :lol:
Rectified.
good day sunshine (or here comes the sun) , jester, birthday, run for your life,blackbird, rich man
Not the last one, certainly!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

To say something's "crap" just because you don't like it, is the classic hallmark of a conceited, self opinionated wind up merchant. Hi Alan. :shock:

As for Uriah Heep, Led Zeppelin, AC-DC, SAHB ..................

I've seen them all live and they're all, crap????????????

Nope, they're all absolutely brilliant. ;)

As for the Beatles, I always preferred the Stones, but I wouldn't be so arrogant as to say the Beatles, the most successful "pop" group in the history of music, were crap.

Lesson over "special one", now what have you got to say,
I can't wait. :tw
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well, I think they're crap, so that means they are crap.

So there.

Other groups that I saw live were Deep Purple, Status Quo, U2 - although the latter was at the ex's requirement, and Bonio or whatever he calls hisself is very crap.
I also saw David Cassidy in the early 70s. His backing group were ok....... :roll:
Best one was the 'real' AC-DC with Bon Scott as singer at Leeds Uni in 1977.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

PaulD738 wrote:
stevewharton wrote:
No I’m partly with Alan there, loved all the old prog rock groups. Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Cream etc AC/DC being probably my favourite group of all time 8-)

https://youtu.be/zWCINQn6k0s
"I'm partly with Alan there."??????? Careful Paul, it might be catching. :o

Good to see that you are a massive Beatles fan, and still like other acts as well, normality has been restored. :P

Liked the AC-DC clip, weren't they awesome? As for Uriah Heap, lost count of how many times I saw them and I've got every album, only Mick Box left from the original line up, but still going strong. Alex Harvey, totally crazy but brilliant live.

What about Mike Oldfield? again I've got every album, and Status Quo, one of the best live groups I've seen,

I wonder what the resident music expert thinks about that???

Oh yeh Mizzy, one more, "8 days a week"
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

See. I'm right again.
angel.gif
angel.gif (418 Bytes) Viewed 57 times
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

And the Fool on the hill or has that already been mentioned.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

mizzytheman wrote:And the Fool on the hill at Wombwell, or has that already been mentioned.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote:And the Fool on the hill at Wombwell, or has that already been mentioned.
Just remember - the hills are alive - with the sound of music. So I'm right again, and Steve's just fishing........ :lol:

Despite not living on a hill, so the reference can't be about me..... :roll: