Who was wanting a standard 550 exhaust?

You can chat about anything you like here
barney01

Re: Who was wanting a standard 550 exhaust?

Post by barney01 »

Just over £2,000 now with days to go! :o
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Chris57

Post by Chris57 »

They made an eye watering £2750 !!!!!! :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
barney01

Post by barney01 »

For Chrissake! Could buy a bike for that.... :shock:
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Looks like I might sell my NOS pipes then and put the Piper on the J!! :shock: :lol:

Not!!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Bl**dy hell. If I’d not seen it, I would’ve struggled to believe it. That’s a lorra dosh, it really is. I don’t think even I would have splashed out that much. I know they’re not NOS, but you could piece together a set almost as good for half that, as I did exactly that. Thing about NOS is, it’s no longer that, the moment you fit them & run the motor. I bought a NOS right outer for my Kettle from Reiner in about 2009, and paid mebbe €600, I think? Then I struck lucky & bought a pair of NOS inners from a chap I was visiting with a pal. I paid £200 each. My left outer is a rechrome and was the only pipe I retained from the bike as I bought it. It’s got one pinhole near the footrest (which I’d missed during work up) but it leaks so little oil from the hole that I don’t usually notice it & don’t plan to fix. I’ve got a set of what must be Mark I Delkevic pipes in the loft. I got them at a big discount during the period where they’d lost confidence in their Chinese chromer, so I bought them unchromed at maybe £900 the full set, paid another £300 for good quality U.K. chrome using an old bloke I’d used before. These pipes look fantastic, and I was liberal with the oil, inside & out before repacking them in their original plastic bags & polystyrene halves. I’d quite forgotten I owned them! They’re my ‘insurance pipes’ against the day I drop my Kettle. Hope it never happens, as I’ve not got an insurance leg or pelvis in the loft!
Cheers,
Mike
There are more people ready to lay out big chunks of change than I’d realised.
Cheers,
Mike
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hmmm. Some might...... :roll:
peepwall.gif
peepwall.gif (4.04 KiB) Viewed 113 times
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Well, it costs well over a grand to get a used set re-chromed these days and you can't guarantee a baffle plate won't drop out a week later ! It is a lot of money but maybe people see it as buying peace of mind.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

I paid £850 delivered for my T500 exhausts from Marcel in the Netherlands. It seems expensive but as Kev says you can have the original pipes chromed if they’re not damaged and who’s to say they won’t fall apart internally after being in the plating bath. I was quoted £750 to have the original ones chromed so for an extra £100 I’ve got brand new ones that will outlive me 8-)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!