Quiz time.

You can chat about anything you like here
BAZ

Re: Quiz time.

Post by BAZ »

sorry you get moderated for anything sensible here, this ain't a club you know......
teazer

Post by teazer »

Cobblers.

GT can be forced to perform other duties really well. Try one as a street tracker or drag racer. A touch heavier than an H2 perhaps, even with judicious drilling and grinding and swapping parts, but easy to get 80-100hp out of and with a much more lively powerband. Stock they make around 48-50 at the rear wheel and not a whole lot of torque either.

Trying to force a stock GT750 to go fast could be a whole other world of pain though. :?

GT550s can also be woken up with a few little mods to make those holes in the cylinders larger. ;)
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

teazer wrote: GT550s can also be woken up with a few little mods to make those holes in the cylinders larger. ;)
Don't need bigger capacity, just need porting sorting and a few mods.....like mine!

Oh, and getting back to the original thread subject, 'heavy bl33der' is a well known name for the hippo when it's being manoeuvred in and out of the garage.
- or anywhere else........ :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

I call mine "Hernia"
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Okay so as per usual my attempt at a very sensible thread got off to a good start, but was slowly hijacked by mr "I don't like kettles," MoldY Alan and his weird gang of accomplices.
However I will rise above this silliness and bring this post to a close, (fat chance of that :roll: ) with the list of GT750 nicknames, as I remember them from the internet article that I read a while ago.
Kettle.
Flying Kettle.
Flexi Flyer.
Teapot.
P!ss pot.
Boiler.
Rice Boiler.
Water Boiler.
Water Bus.
Water Bottle.
Water Buffalo.
Wassel Buffel.
and a couple of the more recent additions to appease MoldY
Hippo.
Heffalump.

Thankyou and goodnight. :roll:
Last edited by stevewharton on Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

stevewharton wrote: Thankyou and goodnight. :roll:
Your clock's stopped. It's daytime. :roll: :lol:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Alan H wrote:
stevewharton wrote: Thankyou and goodnight. :roll:
Your clock's stopped. It's daytime. :roll: :lol:
So predictable MoldY :roll:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
teazer

Post by teazer »

Alan H wrote:
teazer wrote: GT550s can also be woken up with a few little mods to make those holes in the cylinders larger. ;)
Don't need bigger capacity, just need porting sorting and a few mods.....like mine!

Oh, and getting back to the original thread subject, 'heavy bl33der' is a well known name for the hippo when it's being manoeuvred in and out of the garage.
- or anywhere else........ :roll:
Those are the holes I was was talking about......