You can chat about anything you like here
BAZ

Re: DELKEVIC PIPE TEST

Post by BAZ »

No just adjust your ear drums!
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Dave,I asked the lads on the stand at Stafford the same question,and he said that standard jetting was ok.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Well, bless me father, for I have sinned. I have fitted Delkevics' to my newly restored Kettle. They do sound "poppy/pingy" at idle but sound great when under load. I can't remember what proper Kettle exhausts sound like so will look forward to being able to attend an event in the near future to compare.Kev
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Kev,

Ooh, it'll be interesting if you could at some point soon make a recording of the sounds and upload to Youtube. Bet you're happy with the look of them as well, if you've struggled to get an original set look decent.

Cheers,
Mike
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Upload? Youtube? What foreign language is this?
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

Kev,glad to hear that you are happy with your pipes.To me it's a no brainer,when you compare the problems of sourcing a set of good original,and getting them re-chromed,and then hoping that the internals have not been damaged beyond repair by old age and neglect.Don't get me wrong I'm lucky enough to have a perfect set of original pipes in the attic,carefully wrapped up,but have no problems riding my bike in all weathers,with a set of Delkevic's on.

Ride on and enjoy, regards,John.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Kev,

Its all this new fangled 'tech' they say. I was very tired the other day and my wife, who is up on this tech stuff said 'you can get a nap for that'.

Boom boom!

Cheers,
Mike
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi,it would be nice if Delkevic started selling baffles separately,the Suzuki price is outrageous at $104 dollars each for the inner ones !!!! I suppose I should consider myself lucky that it broke in half "outside" the pipe 8-)
Cheers,
Roger
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

yeadon_m wrote:Kev,

Its all this new fangled 'tech' they say. I was very tired the other day and my wife, who is up on this tech stuff said 'you can get a nap for that'.

Boom boom!

Cheers,
Mike
My missus keeps going on about "'And Droyd". Why she can't use a dishwasher, and why she says it in a Brummie accent is beyond me.

Boom Boom
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

JOHNJENKS66 wrote:Kev,glad to hear that you are happy with your pipes.To me it's a no brainer,when you compare the problems of sourcing a set of good original,and getting them re-chromed,and then hoping that the internals have not been damaged beyond repair by old age and neglect.Don't get me wrong I'm lucky enough to have a perfect set of original pipes in the attic,carefully wrapped up,but have no problems riding my bike in all weathers,with a set of Delkevic's on.

Ride on and enjoy, regards,John.
Lucky you John! I have got a set of original pipes that only need re-chroming. I will get around to it one day but I'm happy with the Delly's so far. I guess I need to put a lot more miles on the clock before I really have a view.Kev