DELKEVIC PIPE TEST

You can chat about anything you like here
teazer

Re: DELKEVIC PIPE TEST

Post by teazer »

To see inside a set of stock pipes, check out Ian Sandy's sit and click on the picture of a stock (opened up) exhaust

http://www.oldjapanesebikes.com/GT750_f ... -A55#pipes You can see the way the stock baffle plates are spot welded to the inner half of the pipe. You can also see the sound absorbtion at the front of the main pipes.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Hi all,

Does anybody know(apart from the sound) how to tell the difference from Original & Delkevics? The reason I ask is I purchased a set from some one who assured me they were original but just required chroming and have finally got round to fitting them to my bike and they sound tinny, so I don't want to waste money on chroming them if they are Delkevics!! I'm sure some one mentioned on here there is a way to tell the difference. PS All 4 have the wording stamped on them but I'm sure Delkevics do too.

Regards Jeff
GT750A
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Have a look inside the centre pipes at the open end you should see a wire gauze and maybe wadding. non on early pattern Delkevics
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Hi Baz,

I think I may have confused you. Is there any difference between the original Suzuki Exhausts and the Delkevic ones? appearance only!!

Regards Jeff
GT750A
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Not a lot Jeff fitted 4 setts now and sound and appearance was good. the original genuine sets are better quality having smoother chrome but were not polished on the inside of the pipe. also if it came with hangers Delkevic chromed them.
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

So are you saying the modification Delkevic have done is a big improvement on sound?

Jeff
GT750A
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

yes they are sorted worth buying now...
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Thanks Baz
GT750A
slosher

Post by slosher »

Dutch wrote:
Suzuki Exhausts and the Delkevic ones? appearance only!!

Regards Jeff
Hi Jeff
What i have found that stands out a mile are the seam welds on Delkevic are much neater maybe due to the fact probably done by a robot ;)

Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
Dutch

Post by Dutch »

Thanks Dave,

I'm now convinced the spare ones I purchased are not Delkevic as looking down the barrel ends of the small pipes with a torch I can see the mesh that is evident in original Suzuki pipes. I need to get some dents repaired then off to the chromers. The pipes that are fitted to my bike now are getting a bit worse for wear. When I took them off recently a piece of mesh fell out the L/H small inner, see photo :o

Regards Jeff
Attachments
20180425_085629 (1024x768).jpg
GT750A