Alan H's fork brace

You can chat about anything you like here
senicoli

Re: Alan H's fork brace

Post by senicoli »

Alan H wrote:
astrax wrote:It looks like a B mudguard, but the previous owner has raised it up by 20mm, by bolting mudguard to metal plate, then metal plate fork leg :?
Sure there must have been a good reason

I'll have to post some photos later
If you haven't got the front brake pipe retaining brackets that should fit between forks & wheel, I have some rechromed ones spare. Running the brake pipes where they currently are isn't your normal standard, I'm certain!
your certainly right about the brake pipes the front guard is totally wrong should be a double stay on the L front tyre looks to me like a back tyre on the front which does work with the correct guard on how do I know this simples I have a back tyre on the front of my L and it works perfectly :) ;) colin
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Is that for when you reverse out of the shed Colin? ;)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
senicoli

Post by senicoli »

Alan H wrote:Is that for when you reverse out of the shed Colin? ;)
dont be silly al everybody knows kettles dont have a reverse gear :lol: colin
astrax

Post by astrax »

Roger Ackery wrote::o Hi,what's with the front tyre,
Was previous owner going to do a lot of dirt road riding ?
Maybe why the guard has more clearance for mud ?
:lol:

Roger, Yes that could explain some of the unusual modifications
astrax

Post by astrax »

Alan H wrote:
astrax wrote:It looks like a B mudguard, but the previous owner has raised it up by 20mm, by bolting mudguard to metal plate, then metal plate fork leg :?
Sure there must have been a good reason

I'll have to post some photos later
If you haven't got the front brake pipe retaining brackets that should fit between forks & wheel, I have some rechromed ones spare. Running the brake pipes where they currently are isn't your normal standard, I'm certain!
Hi Alan
I was going to try to start a new trend of having the brake pipes stretched dangerously round the outside of the forks, it is a good look :lol:
I do wonder what goes through their heads, also it didn't have ignition coils, fuel pipe was put in spark plug caps to look like HT leads, then cable tied to frame under the tank to look like had coils and HT leads, that did make me smile.

But I got it at a fairly good price, and the gamble you take importing from the US and not seeing the bike in the flesh.

Thank you for the offer of the hose clamps, I may have some in my spares box, if not I will take you up on your kind offer.

Thanks
Ian
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Any updates on the fork brace yet Ian?
I understand you've got 'another proper job' again, but Shirley you won't be there over the Chrimbo period?
:tw
Proof that four strokes are over complicated