A funny thing happened on the way home

You can chat about anything you like here
timmo

Re: A funny thing happened on the way home

Post by timmo »

Worth asking Asian couple details of their solicitor just to look them up and know of who is in the game ! Any info you can get might help down the line. Those pictures are gold dust.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

They'd end up telling me that my computer has been hacked and 'just type this in to your keyboard and we can sort it out for you'.

Yeh, riiiiighttttt. :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well it appears that my car is mendable (as against mandible which is something completely different) and should be ready for when we get back home.
I have been told that I can keep the Toymota until we get back and won't be charged anything if my car is ready earlier than expected.
I expect all the arguing will still be going on then as it appears the truck driver still reckons the corsa pushed him. :roll:
I care not. T'weren't my fault so they can argue all they want. :lol:
I grassed the truck driver up to plod today and sent them all the pics, so hopefully he will be getting waterboarded in guantanamo bay quite soon to show him that he shouldn't go in the outside lane again. 8-)
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

Alan H wrote:My car was taken to the menders today, and I had a word with the insurance as the car hire company said the tit in the wagon was denying liability.
The girl said it would probably be a 1 litre hatchback. Image
I said a few words, non sweary, as I was still in polite (ish) mode, Image but she must have got the message loud and clear as they've just dropped the courtesy car off.

A '66 plate 2.7 litre Toyota land Cruiser invincible. K'inell, it's bigger than me Santa Fé! Image

Unfortunately someone has fitted a nasty tractor engine under the bonnet, and I have to put something called 'diesel' in the fuel tank. Image

I was hoping for a nice Image
Oh well, it'll have to do I suppose.
here you go Alan
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/50t/Haynes-H ... g=ho01f-21 John
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Got one of those in my man room upstairs. And a Rover 4.6 in the garage, but it 'just't won't fit in a 550 frame!
2strokejohnny

Post by 2strokejohnny »

a lot of people poo poo dash cams but in your case Al :!:
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Got the car back and seems ok so far. New towbar and valance, and smartened up the rest.
Glad to sent the Land Cruiser back - not keen on tractor engines and it wasn't very economical. Lots of toys though and the 6 speed auto was OK, but if I had £60 grand to spend on a car, I'd have another Santa Fé and keep the change.
I understand it cost 'someone' (not me !!!) about 2 grand for the 3 weeks I had it - including 16 days parked up at Manchester airport!
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Alan H wrote:Got the car back and seems ok so far. New towbar and valance, and smartened up the rest.
Glad to sent the Land Cruiser back - not keen on tractor engines and it wasn't very economical. Lots of toys though and the 6 speed auto was OK, but if I had £60 grand to spend on a car, I'd have another Santa Fé and keep the change.
I understand it cost 'someone' (not me !!!) about 2 grand for the 3 weeks I had it - including 16 days parked up at Manchester airport!
Wuh, if you knew it was gonna be parked up for 2 weeks, why dain't you ask for a mini metro ?
That would've got ya around !
You've now cost us all more on next years insurance. ! :(
sos for the gripe. but ?
Still love ya !
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Not costing me any more.
The truck driver paid. And I wouldn't drive a metro if there was nothing else available.
There are standards to keep up yer know.
Last edited by Alan H on Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
martyducati

Post by martyducati »

Joey Dunlop drove a metro! Used to lean the arron slight engined sp1 against it,said it was cheaper than the paddock stand! :roll: and it was purple/brown?