Upgrading your nuts,,,,, keep it clean guys

Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Upgrading your nuts,,,,, keep it clean guys

Post by Waterbuffalo »

When removing your rear wheel you will know how difficult it is to get the chain around the threaded end of the axle. Even when pushing the axle over all the way to the right theres just not enough room on the left side to get the chain past the axle end and inner pipe as its just too long.
Enter a better solution to this problem, the Fuji lock nut with integrated washer. As I was never a fan of cumbersome castle nuts and split pins or lock plates, I prefer the cleaner appearance of Fuji lock nuts.
To give you an idea how much axle was lopped off, it was cut and then ground and tapered, which removed the cross drilled holes the split pins used. So approximately a half inch dissappeared, now the chain passes easily around the axle end when removing the wheel.
The first casuality on this GT750 is the back axle update which is way cleaner looking now, the next upgrade will be tossing out the sprocket lock plates and those standard nuts.
IMG_2029.JPG
Two strokes, its just that simple.
Chris57

Re: Upgrading your nuts,,,,, keep it clean guys

Post by Chris57 »

Nice !
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Allan,
Thats nice, and also a bit different. What is the locking mechanism in those Fujis?
Cheers,
Mike
martyducati

Post by martyducati »

I thought the fujis locking system is a "one use only" application ? The same system is used on the belt tensioners on my Ducati,s and when you order new belts or/and tensioners they come with new nuts(fujis) with strict instructions never reuse?
They appear to have a tapered thread which I assume would stretch on use,
Waterbuffalo
Location: Mostly Barbados, often Florida and ocassionally western Canada; trust me,I get around.

Post by Waterbuffalo »

Nope,,, the Fuji lock nut is multi use, the rings merely deflect outwards and bite into the thread. In most instances they can be reused upwards of ten times. These have been in use for many years on bikes for a myriad of uses. Kawasaki was one of the first Japanese manufacturers to use them.
Two strokes, its just that simple.