indicators won t work on left side

quark77

indicators won t work on left side

Post by quark77 »

gt 380 new looms throughout , right side indicators flash ok , left side flasher can just buzzs ( left side did work briefly ! now no more ) swapped indicator leads over right to left and they work ok ! checked with another flasher can , same prob , annoyingly i had this fault before i changed the loom , i ve had the switch checked out and its fine , so i m a bit perplexed now guys !! any thoughts will be most welcome
2strokejohnny

Re: indicators won t work on left side

Post by 2strokejohnny »

only turn right :mrgreen:
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

It sounds as though one of the indicators isn't earthed properly. Double check that they are grounding. Kev
quark77

Post by quark77 »

doubled checked Kev using an original.suzuki indicator , no joy
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Just make sure you haven't connected the front indicator wire into an earth wire inside the headlamp shell. The indicator feed is black and the earths are black with a white tracer. It is easy to get it wrong in there
quark77

Post by quark77 »

yep all connected correctly ! i ve ordered a cheap lefthand switch gear as although its been checked out i m still thinking it could be the problem , annoying thing is i bought one a while ago from Gary off this forum and the bloody post office lost it in transit !! i ll check out the flasher unit too , i have two but they are both original old ones so they both could be dodgy i suppose , God i hate electrical problems :evil:
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Good luck. I'm all out. Generally, if it is the flasher unit, nothing works. Is your battery fully charged?
quark77

Post by quark77 »

new motoblatt , just fitted a cheap two pin flasher , rt side still works and on left they still don t work but the neutral light and headlamp slowly flash !!
teazer

Post by teazer »

Just for giggles, disconnect the left side from the switch and apply 12v to that circuit and see if the bulbs light up. If they do, is one of teh bulbs much less bright or much more bright than the other side?

It sounds like a wrong bulb is fitted or a bad connection between bulb and indicator body.
quark77

Post by quark77 »

if I switch connections from right to left , bulbs on left then work perfectly but fault moves to right , its doing my head in but will feel better when I can try other switchgear , at least I can then totally rule that out ! or in !