tail of two filaments

Alan H

Re: tail of two filaments

Post by Alan H »

Is there a 'bob' in the 'lectric meter? :?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Alan H wrote:Is there a 'bob' in the 'lectric meter? :?
Bob's squeezed into the wardrobe with the Llama
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hmmmm. Llama Karma?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

That's an a Llama ing tale :roll:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

canaletto5 wrote:No, I smell a headlamp bucket problem.

Turn on the ignition and switch the kill switch to OFF. Do the electrics work as they should?

Next, leave the ignition on but turn the kill switch to ON. Do not start the engine. What happens to the electrics?
Just bringing the topic in question back in to play :lol:
reginald

Post by reginald »

I believe from recent testing , the answer to test #1 would be Yes. Then, I might haves stumbled upon the solution.

I have a "reproduction" lens backing plate made of plasti-chrome, looks the part but it's only metal is the bulb-holder, the reflector and two 8mm hex-bolts that secure it to the metal tail bracket - which I earthed yesterday ! the bulb holder screws attach into Nylon threaded sleeves in the plastic housing , non-metal contact.. :ugeek: Retesting with voltmeter showed;

10.12 V on the Running light lead
0.00 on the brake light lead.

I re-attached the earth wire under an 8mm bolt into the tail bracket upright, and with engine off all appeared to be in order.

Tested again with V/M and had 10+ volts on both wires. oooh.....Fired the Beastie up with everything cross-able crossed, Hally bloody Leonard Cohen Looya..! Strong & steady Running light, BRIGHT Brake light from either Lever. This must be the first time I've had the Full Monty since ...? ?.... :oops:

Moral of the story, always include ALL lighting checks in pre-flight Circle Check.. OR, Ride behind, not in Front of Wifey.

Reginald Revolted
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Good news!
reginald

Post by reginald »

Great news actually. Just had the best ride ever, by far, since I adopted the GT...
having finally sent the Voltage Gremlins packing , for now at least, I booked the day today to Smite a Mighty Smite to the Dalek-Spawn Surging Demon.

Carbs out, taps and Anti-Dalek 0.80 inserts in, New fattie SUZUKI brand Jet Needles, a correction on my former error of buying a Keyster kit , they barely resemble the almost Zeppelin-shaped SGP Originals ! I set the circlips at 3rd ring up from the bottom.

While I had it all apart , dropped down from the 'over the top' 115 mains to a middle-manager set of 112.5's.

after a frightening not-starting session, I tried again with the fuel hose re-connected ... :roll:

2 immediate results, a first-gear, right off idle, Kick in the pants that was formerly a hesitant burblely burble, is now an eager lunge forward but it's somehow even smoother than before while doing it ! Yay !! and the big kicker, my test route was peppered with stop lights and 4-ways, uh-oh...but NO, it DID NOT SURGE or hang up at 3 G's in the daunting way I've been stoically enduring. Not even once. At the stops it just quietly settled down to 1,100 RPM and sat there, chuffing away like a good pony. And in my excitement I realized I'd also forgotten to even Look at the air-mixture screw....might settle the idle even more ?

One oddity, my dash lights and turn signals are brighter than they were before. Strange ! my Neutral light could guide planes into Toronto Airport...but it looked great , hope I'm not on the verge of a Nuclear meltdown . It just ran like a dream tonight. I've read that the anti-surge fix is hit-and-miss to a degree, all I can say so far is it's rejuvenated the machine and the joy of riding it.
thanks all 'round,
Reginald