ANTI SURGE JETS; DO THEY WORK?

wardy

ANTI SURGE JETS; DO THEY WORK?

Post by wardy »

A good question indeed!
I have owned my 1976 A model since 2005, have had it on the road since 2006 and have covered 21,000 miles in that time, and it has always surged to some degree.
Over the years, I have learnt to live with it by changing into a higher gear when going through 30 limits and slipping the clutch when changing down. I'm sure most of are familiar with the problem.
I really thought that was the way it was .
UNTIL NOW!
over the weekend I have installed a set of Baz's anti surge jets and whilst I was at it, took the opportunity to wash and re=oil the air filter.
I've been out on it tonight for a quick test, and cannot believe the difference!
My bike has never run as well, with surging now almost non -existant!
JUST FANTASTIC; so this is what the kettle should ride like!... It's only taken me 12 years to find out!
A HUGE thanks to Baz for the jets and I heartily recommend these jets; they have cured the problem for me at a stroke!
I must tell you about the schoolboy error I made tonight though, as I set off on my test ride..... I'd gone about 1/4 of a mile and the bike ground to a halt and would not restart.
Oh deary me, I thought, looking over the bike for the cause.
I had only forgotten to connect the two fuel pipes back onto the fuel cock in my haste to get out on the road!
I'm now one very happy chappy and cannot wait to get out on her again!
good , safe riding to all!
Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
BAZ

Re: ANTI SURGE JETS; DO THEY WORK?

Post by BAZ »

Good news not always needed but can have great results..
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

:tw I've also found that chain adjustment can play apart in surging. A loose chain & a closed throttle going down hill, seems to make it worst..or is it my imagination :lol: I've never fitted the jets,perhaps I should after 15 years :(
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

imagination :lol:
teazer

Post by teazer »

Roger, you are correct that if the bike has even a small amount of surge, then a loose chain will make it feel worse.

The anti surge jets are just Mikuni air jets - see http://pinkpossum.com/GT750/carb/BS40carbs.htm for more details and they richen the fuel mixture under higher vacuum found on deceleration or riding at very small throttle openings. Generally they do work to reduce surging.
slosher

Post by slosher »

Roger Ackery wrote::tw I've also found that chain adjustment can play apart in surging. A loose chain & a closed throttle going down hill, seems to make it worst..or is it my imagination :lol: I've never fitted the jets,perhaps I should after 15 years :(
Spot on Roger also worn sprocket and cush drive they all add to the problem ;) ;)

Cheers Dave
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
Filly

Post by Filly »

Hello everyone, I would like to understand something more of these "anti surge jets" and those who sell them, I understand that Baz is the seller. It's correct? What are the benefits for the bike a model 750 M. Thank you all.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Filly wrote: What are the benefits for the bike a model 750 M. Thank you all.
Name's a giveaway, they're ANTI SURGE jets. They help stop it surging - or maintain it properly with a slow tickover and fit J/K carbs. The diaphragm ones are dire IMO.
550s don't surge and they don't have diaphragm carbs.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Filly

Post by Filly »

OK Alan I was interested because my bike, although everything is in order at the level of carburetors, perfectly washed with ultrasound, original components, properly adjusted, when I close the gas, in sixth gear, at speed from 40 miles up remains accelerated and goes to hiccups forcing me to slightly pull the clutch to avoid sobbing. Having never tried another GT 750 I do not know what to wear. Greetings to all of happy holidays.
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

what have you got the idle speed set at.
It really needs to be down to about 1000 RPM
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.