THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS

teazer

Re: THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS

Post by teazer »

And that is the issue with old bikes. They may be shiny on the outside, but they take a while to reveal their innermost secrets. That's why it's always good to test your oil pump with a change of oil color.

This is what a stuck plunger looks like and it also shows signs of wear suggesting it ran with water in the oil or mixed oils or dirt in the oil or maybe it ran dry.

Rijko

Post by Rijko »

BAZ wrote:Never seen a oil pump fail so my be a blocked pipe will find out before we run the rebuilt Engine..
did you find out what caused the problem Baz ?
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

No we rebuilt the engine and told the guy to double check everything had no more correspondence maybe if he is a member he will update us.. remember the oil tank needs the correct cap with breather inside. we recommend some pre mix for the first 200 miles as a backup.
Rijko

Post by Rijko »

thanks Baz

Trying to learn as much as possible, so the cheap seat on this forum is invaluable :D
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

What sort of oil and ratio to fuel would you recommend Baz?

Cheers Mr B
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Around 30/1 for the first 2 tanks you may foul a plug but no worries. alway best to get a pal to follow you on a new rebuild to check smoke but dont expect it to be even. mine and Mikes smoke most on the Left.
Mr Bonehead

Post by Mr Bonehead »

Thanks Baz will do that when I get the old girl fired up,I haven't had her running the 6 years I have had her and not sure when the bloke I got her off last run her either

Cheers Mr B