GT550 expansions and alloys..

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
teazer

Re: GT550 expansions and alloys..

Post by teazer »

Funny that. I have a set of Jemcos that are nice round shapes, so are the Bassani and J&R pipes hanging off the wall. :? :roll:

Jamco does the bend in two parts - probably out of off the shelf mandrel bends. Bassani and J&R bent pipes to fit with one piece headers. So it's not that it can't be done. Maybe the pipe bender that Dave Higgs uses doesn't lend itself to some aspect of the curve shape that's not apparent to the rest of us. I always reckoned it was a personal like of his to make the pipes a little more angular.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Errrr, Suzuki did it as standard.........
Somebody's talking bolix crap, and it ain't me.
Must admit, I can't understand tbe 'bent around a brick' shape of higgies. Soz Ricky.
I’m saying nowt :oops:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

PaulD738 wrote:
I’m saying nowt :oops:
That's a first. So's the blush.......
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
sportston

Post by sportston »

I quite like the look of the Higgy headers. I'm saving up to get a set of Higgies myself. But want to get the extra silencing afforded from the GP style silencers.
The re-chromed pipes on the bike pictured earlier look similar to a set of Microns. My dad had an identical set of pipes on his KH250 that were made by Micron.