GT380B

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
PaulD738

Re: GT380B

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Ohh that'll be loud! I had one on the 550 when I went to the Classic TT in 2016. Sound ace though and revs tbrough with it. No power loss at high revs despite what 'people' say.
A 3-1 exhaust can not possibly be as efficient as a 3-3 system! The sound/pressure waves that make a two stroke work correctly interfere with each other with a 3-1 thereby reducing power. Have a read of the two stroke tuners manual if you don’t believe. They just sound like they are quick.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

That's what most folks think. However, seat of the pants says they're wrong. Most 4 strokes nowadays have 'whatever' into 1and seem to manage ok don't they?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:That's what most folks think. However, seat of the pants says they're wrong. Most 4 strokes nowadays have 'whatever' into 1and seem to manage ok don't they?
Four strokes are a totally different bag of frogs!
The two stroke engine is a finely tuned musical instrument, kettles excluded :tw
The exhaust is designed to work in harmony (literally) with the porting. The manufacturers spend millions developing the exhaust to get the best out of the motor without it being too loud and then you get some back room bodger who thinks their tuppence hapeny 3-1 will make your bike faster.
IT WONT
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
barney01

Post by barney01 »

First of all I'm no expert but my understanding is that the two stroke exhaust is designed so as to apply a certain amount of back pressure to push more mixture back into the combustion chamber just before it fires. That's why you don't run an engine to long without an exhaust or you lean it out.
I could be wrong however!
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
JOHNJENKS66

Post by JOHNJENKS66 »

I suppose that when you take a look at all the 2 stroke GP, or racing bikes, there wasn't many, if any running, a 2,3, or 4, into one pipe. It would have saved weight, but maybe had adverse effect on power output.
what the fuck was that ????

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.. If you are reading this in English, then thank our Soldiers..
suzukigary

Post by suzukigary »

Well my Piper 3into 1 has got you talking anyway.
I havnt got it on anymore ,because I like
23-5-09 020.jpg
my bikes standard.
It does sound lovely with it on, I don't think it effected performance that much. Lets be honest, none of these bikes are that "quick" anyway.
zapo

Post by zapo »

PaulD738 wrote:
Alan H wrote:That's what most folks think. However, seat of the pants says they're wrong. Most 4 strokes nowadays have 'whatever' into 1and seem to manage ok don't they?
Four strokes are a totally different bag of frogs!
The two stroke engine is a finely tuned musical instrument, kettles excluded :tw
The exhaust is designed to work in harmony (literally) with the porting. The manufacturers spend millions developing the exhaust to get the best out of the motor without it being too loud and then you get some back room bodger who thinks their tuppence hapeny 3-1 will make your bike faster.
IT WONT
Hi,
I'm one of those back room bodgers with my tuppence hapeny 3-1.
I don't really give a shit if my kettle does 110 or 120.......I just know that it sounds great :D
PS, if anybody has a 3-1 for sale for tuppence hapeny please let me know as I could do with a spare one.
I had two stroke's and survived.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Zapo. Don't worry about that Paul, he thinks he knows nowt - and he's right! :lol:

I took my 3-1 off the 550 after about a month, including 10 days at tbe Classic TT in 2016 'cos it was just too loud and even more annoying than a set of Higgies!
You know me, unassuming chap that I am and never wanting to draw attention to meself. :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
zapo

Post by zapo »

Alan, I'm not worried, just deaf in right ear :lol: :lol:
I had two stroke's and survived.
quark77

Post by quark77 »

i believe the colour is corranado blue in answer to a previous question