Piston help

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Gary66

Piston help

Post by Gary66 »

Hi guys. Does anyone.know.if suzuki x7 pistons will fit and run the 380.correctly? The listings on eBay suggest they are the same but the pics show the x7 has a flat side where the gudgeon pin locates and the 380 doesnt
Really appreciate any help on this, thanks
mizzytheman

Re: Piston help

Post by mizzytheman »

Gary66

Post by Gary66 »

Thanks Mizzy,, yes i had heard they would.work and ordered some, I then noticed the flat spot and began to Google it. I found a site which suggested that yes they would run the bike but it wouldn't pull the froth off a cold beer, panic struck in and I cancelled the order, the last thing I want is for that to be the case. I shall carry on looking, I need 2x 54.5s and 1x55mm so not even a simple purchase!
malky

Post by malky »

I have X7 pistons in my GT250K - supplied by Grampian when they did the crank and rebore they are matched to M con rods and the bike goes like the clappers they were very specific as to which piston went in which barrel though when I had them back
Mal
Gary66

Post by Gary66 »

Thanks for the input guys, i have re ordered some x7 pistons after talking to Adrian at IMD pistons, he said that the only difference will be the power delivery, he suggested it would be a bit more peaky but thats not a problem to me. He was really helpful and rang me back as his son said he would so i ordered them from him, only seamed fair really.