Gt380 high idle after refurb

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Fula28

Re: Gt380 high idle after refurb

Post by Fula28 »

Quicky update, new inlet rubbers fitted! And mikuni piolet Jets! Still not 100% on Boyer ignition set up ! As it idles if I strobe it the T marks on rotating end matches up with the pick ups and revs cleanly . It runs idles ok about 1100-1200 Rpms but hangs slightly up occasionally! Very smokey on first run up road but clears as it warms up! So progress thus far. Will get some fuel and go for a longer run tomorrow I hope.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Sounds like good progress. These bikes Deffo run better the more they are used and certainly after a good long blast! :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Fula28

Post by Fula28 »

So , I don't have Plug Dti only normal needle point and mag base, So rather than spending £30- £40 I popped the gt upto BDK , and set the timing with there kit and had few runs on Dyno, So made 16bhp first off, then 33bhp So since it's a tiny bit rich at top end and keeping with reliability ,we plumbed for that setting. Runs good clean starts idles nicely and (safe) Setting is giving it a good reliable tune.
Well happy now ,has been a journey this one and have learned a lot ,many many kind thanks to all that helped me with this baby gt.
Have 550 next to do so will be simpler I'm sure!
Fula28

Post by Fula28 »

Dyno info.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Excellent news! That was a good improvement. :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE