Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Johnbull750

Re: New Member

Post by Johnbull750 »

This explains why I couldn't find one. Thanks for the link but as you it workout a bit pricey. I think PaulD738 has the right idea, yes please let me know how you get on.
Thanks for all the replies.
John.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

Hi John

It depends how purist you want to be. The tap from the GT750 will fit but you need to think about a couple of things.

You will need to fit a Y piece to the outlet so you can feed both carbs

You will need a spacer between the tap and the tank so the tap housing doesn't foul against the under seam of the tank. Astrax on here does them. Here is his ebay ad

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-GT750 ... 3069091374

Of course you will need two gaskets

You will need to fit the LMA version of tap so your reserve is about the same as the GT250 tap. If you fit a later version with a shorter main feed pipe you will end up with about 10 miles of reserve :lol:

I have a fully working LMA tap if you want to try it.

Kev
quark77

Post by quark77 »

suzuki gt500 taps will fit too , same tap
Johnbull750

Post by Johnbull750 »

Wow that's really kind of you Kev thanks very much for the offer.
I do have the older screw on type which I can adapt by making an adaptor plate which was previously mentioned by PaulD738. if I can do that then job done. I would like it as near to original as pos but seeing some of the stunning renovations that some of this forums members have done I am under no illusions of how well mine will turn out. So I think its a case of getting it running and enjoy the renovation and riding it at the same time. Thanks to quark77 re GT500 Tap info . John.
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

No problem, hope it works out well :D
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hmmm, this could be the world's longest intro......
See why it's unofficially called the asylum now? :roll:
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
es2GT550

Post by es2GT550 »

Welcome - good luck with the new purchase :D
Scotch750

Post by Scotch750 »

Johnbull750 wrote:Thanks guys.
This will nobout be the first of many questions. My bike came with a near perfect condition tank, unfortunately it didn't have a fuel tap, not the screw on type but the later one with 2 bolts. I have tried all the classic spares dealers and ebay but no joy.Does anyone have a spare I can buy. John.
Wuh, welcome John.
If your after parts our (Bluesmoke) Baz on the forum is a Suzuki parts dealer (and gives a discount to members, but dow say anything !).
Scotch.
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Welcome to the forum John restored a GT 250 a few months back. if you have a 250 tap I think you can fit the later double outlet to the tap push fit.
Attachments
DSC_0711.JPG
DSC_0704.JPG
DSC_0702.JPG
es2GT550

Post by es2GT550 »

Welcome John - nice people on here - very helpful. Enjoy your 250 - there is a lot to said for keeping it original but then like me you can't help but improving one bit - and that leads t oanother and so it !! You get the idea :lol: