Milky grey oil on the tops of pistons? GT550 1976

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
barney01

Re: Milky grey oil on the tops of pistons? GT550 1976

Post by barney01 »

Here is the whole thing http://www.3cyl.com/mraxl/gt/manuals/gt ... ntents.htm
Bear in mind it is for the early models with separate carbs but most of it is relevant.
Whilst we are at it here is the carb manual
http://www.3cyl.com/mraxl/gt/manuals/su ... /cover.htm :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
rderrick121

Post by rderrick121 »

[quote="barney01"]The leak is probably the six rubber o rings that sit between the pump and the spider. No problem these can still be bought.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/suzuk ... 0/oil-pump

Are the o-rings part number 18? It only shows one although sometimes parts diagrams are like this so... also is there anything I can do to confirm while im in there that the oil pump is good? Tests?

Thanks again!
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Yes part 18. ×6
You cannot test the pump until they arrive because you need to screw the pump down tight to make the seal.
Then just loosen one of the banjo that bolts to the crankcase whilst engine runs and a little oil should come out. You will also see the bubbles in the lines moving towards the engine. These pumps are super reliable and rarely fail.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
teazer

Post by teazer »

Partzilla are a good source, but you could take your old O rings to Berry Bearing or Grainger and see if they can match them. Not all Suzuki seals can be matched with over the counter parts, but a lot of them can.
rderrick121

Post by rderrick121 »

barney01 wrote: Then go to the front of the motor you will see black rubber pipes attached to brass valves. These are called SRIS. Pull off each of the pipes they are held on with a metal clip. Now use a socket and unscrew the valves the diesel will come pouring out hopefully with all the crud. Again kick the motor over.
Hi Barney, the motor is full of diesel! While slowly turning it over I noticed the milky fluid coming out of the 2 ports on the side and going out what I think is the exhaust because its the lowest hole when the bike sits on its stand.

How do I get the black hoses off? I do not see any clips that hold them on, do they just pull off? Are the plugs maybe barbed?

Thanks again
barney01

Post by barney01 »

The black SRIS hose is pushed onto the valve which has a nipple type stem. Then the spring clip is just slid over the top to hold it in place. They do get stuck in place just ease it off.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
teazer

Post by teazer »

WHich two ports is that emulsion coming out of? Can you post a picture to be sure we understand what the issue is.
rderrick121

Post by rderrick121 »

[quote="barney01"] After removing all of the diesel the 550 is running, the carbs must need a bit of syncing or something is wrong because at low rpms the thing has almost no power. Once its above 3000 rpms it is surprisingly fast. It doesn't like to idle real nicely unless choked but again the carbs, no air-box, running both mixed fuel and injected oil are not helping. My tinker time is limited especially this time of the year.

Thanks for all your help everybody! (I only know how to tag one person)
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Good news! The running problems at low revs is almost certainly blocked pilot jets or pilot jet circuit. That's why it won't run off choke at low revs
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE