DVLA ..... huh

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Hix2061

DVLA ..... huh

Post by Hix2061 »

Evening gents, just for a change, I thought I’d challenge the clever ones amongst us with a DVLA question.

I’m just filling in the v55/5 registration form to get a V5c and it keeps referring to a certificate of conformity or or an IVA or IVMSA.

Has anyone been through this process, and if so, where do I get a certificate of conformity from

Cheers for your help

Once the bloody thing is finally sorted and running I’ll post some picture

Mark
1976 Suzuki GT550A
1973 Suzuki GT550J
Bultaco Sherpa350
Ducati multistrada
es2GT550

Re: DVLA ..... huh

Post by es2GT550 »

Hi Mark - I do n't think you need one. Is the bike imported ? And do you have a Nova certificate ? I just got an age related certificate from VJMC , MOT on the chassis number , insurance on chassis number and then applied for V5C.
Cheers Eamonn
barney01

Post by barney01 »

NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

MSVA is for vehicles less than 10 years old. What are you trying to register?
Copy of my V55/5 for the 550K I registered a few years ago.
The US vin plate gave date of manufacture as August 1972.
reg doc details.jpg
reg doc details2.jpg
Click on the images and they grow just like magic!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Hix2061

Post by Hix2061 »

I’m registering my GT550J 1972 from the good old US of A, and was confused by the instructions for the form which kept asking for data on a certificate of conformity. The bike is on the nova system, so I’ll just fill the form in the same as Alan has.

Don’t you just love this forum :D

Cheers
Mark
1976 Suzuki GT550A
1973 Suzuki GT550J
Bultaco Sherpa350
Ducati multistrada
es2GT550

Post by es2GT550 »

Cheers Mark - good luck - follow instructions above and you should be fine - never needed one to register my RG500 - Nova and letter of authenticity, insurance and MOT plus a cheque should all be ok
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Include 'lots' of prints/photos. They like photos.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

Here’s the guidance from the VJMC which I followed to the tee and they still refused it twice. The first time because the very nice lady at DVLA insisted that the dating letter had to be from the manufacture. I rang them up and pointed out that the dating letter from the VJMC was sufficient as the VJMC was approved to supply them. The very nice girl pointed out that as the manufacturer hadn’t gone out of business then it must be the manufacture who supplies the dating letter.

I won’t bore you with the rest of the discussion so I sent it back knowing that someone else will probably end up processing my application.

They sent it back a second time saying that the dating letter was now out of date. Well it wasn’t when I first sent it. Back on the phone to DVLA but to be honest it was all in vain. Had to payout out for a duplicate letter and sent it all back to DVLA. Success, but they are certainly not the easiest to deal with.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Regards

Martin.
Attachments
392B917C-B2E4-490F-B3F0-793C695061A0.jpeg
Hix2061

Post by Hix2061 »

Thanks gents, looks like I’m in for some fun, when I eventually get the bloody thing started that is !

I’ve been swooping bits between my two 550’s, to try and eliminate as many causes as possible.

I’m now convinced it’s got to be the carbs, but I’ve ultrasonically cleaned the carbs, blown compressed air through the jets, reset the float levels, readjusted the cables, balanced the carbs, removed the sris pipes and made sure the crank case is clear. Stripped and cleaned the fuel tap and renewed all the gaskets, and it still won’t go.

I think I’m reaching the point where I’m going to take it to the local motorcycle garage. Think I must be not seeing the wood for the trees.

Never had this trouble with the last one :oops:
1976 Suzuki GT550A
1973 Suzuki GT550J
Bultaco Sherpa350
Ducati multistrada
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Are you getting fuel in the cylinders (wet plugs) ? If the plugs are wet it’s probably an ignition problem. If the plugs are dry try squirting easy start/carb cleaner into the air box, if it then fires it’s a fuel problem. You can then narrow it down from there.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!