important Siris system valves

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
salvatore

Re: important Siris system valves

Post by salvatore »

I'm not worried about the pump, from the control it was and it's working it's just a precaution, however I will follow your advice.
For engine oil the bardahl 10w-50 is ok or better 10w-40. Thanks for the tips are always great.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

So first is to confirm your are talking about the oil that goes into the tank and lubricates the engine? That Bardahl is fully synthetic but will be okay for your motorcycle. Some owner prefer semi-synthetic or mineral oil. It's a personal choice.
Transmission oil that goes into the gearbox is completely different you should only use mineral oil because synthetic oil will cause clutch plates to stick together.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

We speak of gearbox oil, bardahl 10w-50 has as component specific additives for clutches in oil bath, I have used this on kavasaki w 650, kz 750 twin, yamaha xs 650, all with clutches in oil bath, advice the 50 o 40w
barney01

Post by barney01 »

If you have used and like this oil it's ok :D
I would always use mineral oil in the gearbox that is what was put in the motorcycle in 1970's. I use cheap mineral oil and change it every 3000 miles as there is no oil filter.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE