Help

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
salvatore

Help

Post by salvatore »

hello, one of the reels the first one in the picture, engine off but framework access warms it becomes warm. it's normal or a problem, I checked the wiring no wire is hot. what should i check.
IMG_20190313_190126.jpg
barney01

Re: Help

Post by barney01 »

It is normal for an ignition coil to become warm when the key is turned on but not when it is switched off. If you have a multimeter it would be good to check that the coil is switched off when the key is turned off.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
slosher

Post by slosher »

Hi Salvatore when you say "reels" do you mean "coils" if so this should not be getting warm with the ignition off,is there a rapid discharge in your battery :?:
GT750L
GT550L
TL1000 97s
T140V
Loctite Trained Engineer :lol:(since having the Bonnie)
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

Hi, how can I check if there is a rapid discharge in the battery, which component I have to test, if you can be very precise in the explanation I thank you.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Switch off take key out of bike.
Use a multimeter connect red clip to orange and white wire on coil. Connect black clip to earth. Do you have any voltage reading on the meter?
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

what reading value will I have to be all right.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

No reading 0. If there is a reading then the coil is still live which is bad
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Another way to test. No key in the ignition take out the spark plug lay it on the cylinder head. Kick the bike over. Does it spark? It should not.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

Hi, check it all out, I left the battery contact on and the ignition key off, the bobbin didn't heat up, I think it's ok. Thanks you are angels.
I speak of angels, because the man like me is not a professional mechanic but a DIY, when he finds a problem and has no basic doctrine, he does not know how to solve, having an angel is happiness. Thanks again
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

Hi Barney, you recommend a fuel filter to insert between the tap and carburetor, if you can tell me the link, better with magnets or simple. Thank you