Whats is problem

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
salvatore

Whats is problem

Post by salvatore »

hello what is the problem so much gasoline left cylinder, float ok I do not understand, help
Attachments
IMG_20190321_171037.jpg
lairdofsmoke

Re: Whats is problem

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Ok, what model is it, can't see enough of it, other than the sidestand mounting.
More info and we can take it from there
On fragrant cloud
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Hi
Are you sure that is gasoline? Have you been starting the engine in the garage and not riding on the road?
There are small drain holes in the exhaust. If the bike is started frequently in the garage but not ridden then moisture will gather within the exhaust and mix with oil and soot and drip from the drain holes quite a lot!
If it is gasoline then it's possible that your float needle valve is not sealing and too much gasoline is going into the cylinder. But if the engine runs okay that's not happening.
Take the bike for a good run and it will clear
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
canaletto5

Post by canaletto5 »

lairdofsmoke wrote:Ok, what model is it, can't see enough of it, other than the sidestand mounting.
More info and we can take it from there
It's a GT380
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Thanks for that a GT380, Mr C. At least that gives us a starting point.
So the next thing we need to know is how much is in the exhaust pipe, (it's definitely petrol from the looks of it, if it was gearbox then you are in trouble.. not a lot of spares about).
So let's start by taking of the pipe and emptying it, check the baffles .not blocked as well.
Next what is the left hand #1pot spark plug like, ( black oily wet = no spark.will go deeper later on)
At this point I can only assume that the crankcase is holding unburned fuel, this must come out of the engine or well I won't say what could happen there. So take the other sparkplugs out, and crank the motor over.
But first if you have any type of electronic ignition system fitted, EARTH THE SPARK PLUGS OUT.(just fit them into Thier plugcaps and tape them to the cylinder head. So you don't blow the system with back voltage, there is one particular system that is susceptible to this it doesn't appear to have any reasonable diodes in place to counter act this.) Then crank her over on the button, but keep clear of the front of the bike, because if there's much in there the shit will fly.
(Please don't do this In the living room I don't need any irate partners after my nuts with the meat kleaver..)

Right when you're happy the system is clear, put the pipe back on fit at least one NEW SPARKPLUG
And give it a try, check the plug sparks on that pot first. If it doesn't get back to me and we'll take it from there ok.
I presume you didn't leave it on prime for a couple of days though.
On fragrant cloud
willowden

Post by willowden »

I fell asleep before I finished reading it ............ :lol:
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Well what can I say.

We've got to start somewhere
On fragrant cloud
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

hello, the model is a 380 gt L, the problem was no spark candle, I noticed that that left cylinder spark plug is weak, I do not know because it is due, weak battery? I have redone new pistons, the bike is stationary, I would like if you know the right procedure to check the carburetor balance with this tool you see in the picture. I think that in addition to the guillotine screws I also have to play with air screws is right or wrong.
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

PRO_SKT95145_3.jpg
lairdofsmoke

Post by lairdofsmoke »

Hello there Salvatore.
Thanks for that bit of information, I've just photo,d these two one my 'tablet camera' so I don't know what they will come out like, Suzuki at the time these bikes were made didn't use a vac gagues, they used a method hated by all who tried it!. But the main thing is the specs are here.

I have my own way off setting them up, and it may be to complicated for most people to understand, so we'll rely on the 380 owners to give Thier ideas on how they prefer to do it.

As for the guage tool in your picture, I can only say I don't think I ever seen that type before!
I'm used to my faithfull old snap on, Davida and Morgan Carb Tune sets. Oh and of course doing it by ear and feel.
Attachments
IMG_20190321_205450~3.jpg
IMG_20190321_205551.jpg
On fragrant cloud