gt brake discs question

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
quark77

gt brake discs question

Post by quark77 »

bit puzzled ! are the front brake discs on the 750 , 550 ,380 and 500 the same size ? cheers in advance
barney01

Re: gt brake discs question

Post by barney01 »

From the parts list 59210-37001 same for all also GS750
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
swarrans

Post by swarrans »

I have a set of perfect discs if you need some?

Simon
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

550/750/RE5 same, 250/380 same, 500 different part number according to Alpha sports listings.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
quark77

Post by quark77 »

thanks chaps
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

Maybe worth noting, although the discs for the GT750 are interchangeable between the K, L, M, A and B models, on the inner part of the disc that bolts onto the wheel, (painted black) the pattern is different on the earlier K, L and M models to that on the A and B models. Not that it matters in the grand scheme (I've got the earlier discs on my A) but the purists :roll: might comment when it comes to selling the bike.
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
malky

Post by malky »

stevewharton wrote:Maybe worth noting, although the discs for the GT750 are interchangeable between the K, L, M, A and B models, on the inner part of the disc that bolts onto the wheel, (painted black) the pattern is different on the earlier K, L and M models to that on the A and B models. Not that it matters in the grand scheme (I've got the earlier discs on my A) but the purists :roll: might comment when it comes to selling the bike.
K and L models are the odd ones Steve with the square shaped bits it the middle - the M A and B all had the horseshoe shaped ones
Mal.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I stand corrected, but I was told that the replacement discs I fitted to my A were from an M model???
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
malky

Post by malky »

stevewharton wrote:I stand corrected, but I was told that the replacement discs I fitted to my A were from an M model???
Which should be the horseshoe shaped castings - which ones have you got Steve.?
Mal.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

I replaced the original discs on my A because they were worn and getting thin, the guy who sold me the very nice replacements told me they were off an M model. The originals had the horseshoe shaped pattern in the middle and the ones on now have a straighter shaped pattern. As I said it doesn't bother me at all, mainly because they're like new and I only paid £50 for them :D