GT550 barrels surplus to requirements

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Gr8uncleal

GT550 barrels surplus to requirements

Post by Gr8uncleal »

I bought someone's abandoned project for the lower half of the engine.

As part of the deal I got a fair number of parts that I don't need and in amongst these were three barrels.

Now despite being part way through the resto of 550J, I can't pretend that I know an awful lot about these bikes and the differences, subtle or otherwise, between models and their constituent parts. Please, therefore, don't shoot me down if you think that I am talking bollox, even though I probably am!

I was given three barrels. The seller said that they were all on standard bore and two of them had been aqua blasted and honed. The last one was chucked in as a "Brucey Bonus" and certainly looks rougher than the other two.

As the rear fins don't overhang the carb intake, I think that this makes them post 'J' and 'K' model.

I have attached photos of all three, showing what I think are the important features. I am happy to post more and do some measuring (I have a cheap Vernier gauge) if anyone asks.

£50 each plus p+p.

I've also got what I was told is a 'K' frame that is on the NOVA database (from D&K, I think). That is buried under some other stuff at the mo, but will be £100. Other cycle parts as well, but the barrels are taking up space in the bedroom at the moment so probably best if they go first!

If anyone wants to view, then I am near Salisbury.

Thanks for reading.

Alan

ps I might have to upload the photos in stages
Barrel R9.jpg
Barrel R8.jpg
Barrel R7.jpg
Barrel R6.jpg
Barrel R5.jpg
Barrel R4.jpg
Barrel R3.jpg
Barrel R2.jpg
Barrel R1.jpg