contactc, capacitors

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
salvatore

contactc, capacitors

Post by salvatore »

Hi, for the replacement of Denso capacitors and contact points, only Daiichi or another manufacturer are good, what do you recommend and where to buy to save money, the capacitors are the same for the three cylinders? Thank you
barney01

Re: contactc, capacitors

Post by barney01 »

NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

hello, Barney, what is the right size for opening the contacts, the same left center right, first you have to set the left cylinder then the others? mine is a 380 L 1974, you have a video or photo to watch. thank you. Best wishes for a Happy Easter to all you friends of the forum and to your families. Savior
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Hi
Look here for help. Its a different bike but it may help you understand
https://youtu.be/gT346KIYiy0
Here you can find the contacts breaker points gap for your bike
http://www.3cyl.com/specs/suzi3tuneup.jpg
Attachments
From the Haynes manual
From the Haynes manual
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Rubydog

Post by Rubydog »

Hi Salvatore, remember to only rotate the engine using the kickstart, Do NOT use a spanner on the end of the crank, as you will destroy the nylon gear which drives the points cam.
Good luck
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

Hi, thank you all for your help, I'm using the flywheel left side to check, and light bulb for contact opening, so it's ok to disconnect the capacitors? I read somewhere that I need to do it, confirm? the right timing opening is 2.40 millimeters or 21 degrees, is it valid for all three contacts? I have some difficulty in finding the top dead center with the comparator, this is my procedure. top dead center, then I go back 21 degrees and I wait for the light on check if at 21 degrees it's flash, just do this just for the right cylinder right? and check the space of 0.35 between contacts. if i'm wrong, help, everything is in english and i'm pdf i can't do copy paste to translate. help
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Hi
I think this may help
http://www.kettleclinic.co.uk/kcforum/v ... php?t=4587
You should be able to translate it too :D
Yes all three set the same gap.
Never heard that you disconnect the capacitor first before
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Never turn the engine back. Always go FORWARDS or the timing will be out. I just use the timing marks, such low revving engines don't need to be absolutely spot on.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

It is very interesting, but as a right measure with the comparator as spark plug thread or the perpendicularity of the piston in ascent, I note that there are two different readings, with the thread diagonal the piston stroke is higher. Sorry, but there are many things
barney01

Post by barney01 »

You are right. The different angle will give a different measurement. Best just make your timing mark on the crankcase with just one cylinder. But as Alan says timing does not need to be exact on these bikes.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE