Central cylinder no

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
salvatore

Central cylinder no

Post by salvatore »

Hi, my 380 with a cold engine starts with two cylinders, the control unit starts up after about a minute, my starting procedure is this.
If the motorbike has stopped for several days, I open the fuel cock in the free position for one minute, starter, start and immediately after starter shut-off and hold the throttle at 2000 rpm with the throttle, right and left cylinder ok central after about a minute. I replaced the contacts and capacitors, contact distance to 35mm right phase adjusted with stroboscopic gun float height ok adjusted with tubular outer tube, I think it's all ok, what can determine this lack, with hot engine all three cylinders are ok, where to look the problem?
Alan H

Re: Central cylinder no

Post by Alan H »

Perhaps the initial fuelling doesn't fill the centre carb as quickly as the outer ones.
I think you are looking at a problem that doesn't exist.
Don't worry so much, start the engine and when it's happy, ride away.
Just ride the bike every day and retire like us 'senior' riders!!
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

hello, I will do what you advise, indeed this night is my last day of work from tomorrow at 8.00 am I am retired, I will dedicate myself to walks with my 380. thank you
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Happy retirement! The more you ride the motorcycle the better everything will perform. Now you will have the time to do so :D
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
salvatore

Post by salvatore »

thanks Barney