Fuel pipe dimensions

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
BATTS

Fuel pipe dimensions

Post by BATTS »

Currently building up my carbs for the 550, I' struggling to measure the inside diameter of the fuel lines as the pipes are old and brittle, appear to be two sizes, the larger one (7/8 mm?) on the cross feeds and the smaller main fuel line (5/6 mm?). Not concerned currently with the pink vent lines.
Chris
76 GT750, 78 GT550, BMW K1600gtl
barney01

Re: Fuel pipe dimensions

Post by barney01 »

You cant buy from here because he has closed down but if you click the link and then click 'read more' you will see the dimensions :D
https://www.discountbikespares.co.uk/pr ... 550-gt380/
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

Thanks Barney but that’s the pink vent pipe which I’ve got. Should explain it’s a B model with rail mounted carbs, there’s a larger set of pipes that interconnect the carbs and a thinner pipe that feeds the rail from the tank and feeds cold start to one of the carbs, choke only acts on two.
Chris
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

BATTS wrote:Thanks Barney but that’s the pink vent pipe which I’ve got. Should explain it’s a B model with rail mounted carbs, there’s a larger set of pipes that interconnect the carbs and a thinner pipe that feeds the rail from the tank and feeds cold start to one of the carbs, choke only acts on two.
Chris, if you search Discount Bike Spares he has all the different fuel and vacuum pipes listed. Inside and outside dimensions are given. Or search by part number. I've bought fuel pipe from DBS a number of times, shame he is not trading still.

H
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
BATTS

Post by BATTS »

Sorry for not replying earlier, thanks for the info, I've looked at DBS's site when they were still trading, its the cross feeds really that have me stumped, I'll just have measure the inlets and hope 1mm smaller is right.
Chris