Suzuki 'S' bolt locations

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Gr8uncleal

Suzuki 'S' bolt locations

Post by Gr8uncleal »

Evening all.

I'm sorting out some bolts that came to me in a job lot of random GT550 (supposedly) spares, but I'm struggling to see where the fitment for a couple of them are. All have the Suzuki 'S' stamped on the head.

1) M10 x 55mm with 14mm hexagon head.
2) M10 x 48mm with 14mm hexagon head.

Would I be right in thinking that new replacement bolts don't have the 'S' stamped on them?

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Alan
Harrymail

Re: Suzuki 'S' bolt locations

Post by Harrymail »

Yes you are correct that new Suzuki supplied bolts don't have the S logo on them. The S bolts are high tensile.
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
Gr8uncleal

Post by Gr8uncleal »

Thanks Paul.

I've found a 'home' for the 48mm ones - centre stand. The 55mm one is still homeless!
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

The 55mm bolt should fit the top right fork clamp on the headstock. This one is longer than the others as it has a nut on the end to hold the bracket for the brake hose. Just looked on my bike and this one is 55mm long.

Paul
Gr8uncleal

Post by Gr8uncleal »

Thanks Paul, I owe you one!

I assume from your feedback that you were happy with my "Baz's" carb float bowl?!

My spare 'J' carbs went to Ireland, to someone who's got 47 bikes (greedy fecker!) and the brand new 'J' carb went back to Germany, which is where I got it from in the first place.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Alan
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

Gr8uncleal wrote:Thanks Paul, I owe you one!

I assume from your feedback that you were happy with my "Baz's" carb float bowl?!

My spare 'J' carbs went to Ireland, to someone who's got 47 bikes (greedy fecker!) and the brand new 'J' carb went back to Germany, which is where I got it from in the first place.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Alan
Hi Alan, yes the shine on Baz's bits lasts well, matches perfectly with newly done ones. Have seen all your parts on eBay, quite a haul !

Paul
Gr8uncleal

Post by Gr8uncleal »

Some of the US breakers seem to sell parts by the weight - I guess they don't have time to catalogue them all.

It was quite time consuming, but for my GT550J and RD350B I went through the listings titled 'miscellaneous' for some hard to find bits and anything else that came with the parts I needed was a bit of a 'Brucey Bonus'!

The Honda master cylinder that I've got listed actually came attached to a RD350 caliper (which was the part I needed)!

I don't really see the point on sitting on parts that I am unlikely to need but that others may. That, and I'd quite like to recoup some of the £2.5k I've spent on postage from the states (4 projects on the go)!