GT380 allspeed/gibsons

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
2strokejohnny

GT380 allspeed/gibsons

Post by 2strokejohnny »

they are now maikng them for the gt550 & gt750 but not enough demand to make them for the gt380 ,so can everyone with a gt380 contact them to enquire about them for the gt380 so i can order a set for winter use :D ,John

stinkwheels@btconnect.com
Suzuki GT750B
Suzuki GT750K
Triumph T100 Unit Bonny
RobMc

Re: GT380 allspeed/gibsons

Post by RobMc »

I had a set of those on my GT250 back in 1982,they were black.I contacted Allspeeds and the owner said if I prep them and send them to him he`d chrome them along with his next batch-I can`t remember how much he charged back then but it was very helpful of him!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Or if you speak to someone like Mick Abbey at Abbeyspeed, he'll make some that look much prettier and sound much nicer too........
20160831_123421.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Or if you speak to someone like Mick Abbey at Abbeyspeed, he'll make some that look much prettier and sound much nicer too........
20160831_123421.jpg
And they probably work as well, most of the generic expansion chambers sound like they give more power but in actual fact dyno runs show they actually loose power.
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

PaulD738 wrote:
Alan H wrote:Or if you speak to someone like Mick Abbey at Abbeyspeed, he'll make some that look much prettier and sound much nicer too........
20160831_123421.jpg
And they probably work as well, most of the generic expansion chambers sound like they give more power but in actual fact dyno runs show they actually loose power.
Wow, Alan and Paul agreeing with each other??? :o have I woken up in a parallel universe, or am I still asleep and dreaming??? :shock:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Yes. 8-)
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Absolutely ;)
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Seriously though the people who design and build two stroke exhausts for race bikes know what they’re on about and spend countless hours and pounds developing them for very specific bikes even taking into account the state of tune the motor is in. Yamaha & Suzuki even had different exhausts for long fast tracks and tight and twisty tracks. If your VERY lucky and put the dyno time in with a big box of jets & needles you might match the performance of the original exhaust or even gain a couple of bhp just don’t expect huge power gains. The biggest difference is they are usually a third of the weight and do sound a little like Barry Sheene’s bike

Gary66

Post by Gary66 »

I run my X7 with Allspeeds, the jetting is standard and so is the air box. The bike with the original pipes was ok to be fair but now its like a scalded cat! The power these little 250 motors develop is never going to pull your arms off but this thing certainly gives it its best shot, the front goes light regularly and if i was brave/stupid enough it would certainly wheelie no problem! The only down side is i just cant ride it steadily, the sound just beckons you to thrash it in all gears as often as is safe to do so!
Buy some at your peril but dont moan if you cant keep out of the petrol station or get a ticket or two for enjoying that sound!