Bought A Bike Older Than Me!

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
TGladders

Re: Bought A Bike Older Than Me!

Post by TGladders »

That's because in these modern times, someone invented something called gloves ;)
1974 GT550L
1976 PC50
2017 Ducati SSS
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

itsnotateapot wrote:nice repair job there, by the way your finger nails are way to clean to be working on bikes. :)
TGladders wrote:That's because in these modern times, someone invented something called gloves ;)
Tom, you do know Richard is a tighta**e Yorkie git??? He'd rather clean his hands and nails with a wire brush than splash out on gloves :o
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

stevewharton wrote:
itsnotateapot wrote:nice repair job there, by the way your finger nails are way to clean to be working on bikes. :)
TGladders wrote:That's because in these modern times, someone invented something called gloves ;)
Tom, you do know Richard is a tighta**e Yorkie git??? He'd rather clean his hands and nails with a wire brush than splash out on gloves :o
Ps Steve Mr TGladders is also a born and bred Yorkshire man also from Sheffield.
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

itsnotateapot wrote:
stevewharton wrote:
Ps Steve Mr TGladders is also a born and bred Yorkshire man also from Sheffield.
Ooops :oops: I'll get my coat.
Looks like you lot are taking over, I'll av a word with Baz and ask him to introduce a forum joining fee :o. That should frighten you all off :lol:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

stevewharton wrote:
Is there any other way to clean yer hands & finger nails? although I do admit it’s not always intentional :shock:
Personally I use my rotary bench mounted wire wheel :roll:
Real men us Lancashire lads :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Thought you was a cheesy cheshire cat? :?
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Blimey, that’s a neat repair! Those arms are so expensive & easy to snap that if you could stand it, a little repair business on the side might be viable :D
Good to learn you’ve a “wonkey” bike, pretty rare at this vintage. I’m sure you’ll get hold of a second key. What number is it? If I have a spare, I’ll send it to you. I’ve about 50 different old keys in my box from previously key recoding jobs.
Cheers!
Mike
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Thought you was a cheesy cheshire cat? :?
Nope I refuse to be called a Cheshire Cat! we in Warrington had the Lancashire Cheshire border moved overnight a good few years ago without consulting anyone :evil:
No doubt some numpty in an office was bored and took it on him self to just move the borders.
So I’m a Lancashire lad and that’s an end to it :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Oh dear, never mind. You keep up with the good work if keeping the crappy weather over the left side of the pennines.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

Alan H wrote:Oh dear, never mind. You keep up with the good work if keeping the crappy weather over the left side of the pennines.

?????????? Lovely sunshine over here on gods side of the Pennines :lol: