Oil pipes

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
PaulD738

Re: Oil pipes

Post by PaulD738 »

mizzytheman wrote:
PaulD738 wrote:Nick, the cat avatar is a reference to my Katana which was christened the Kat by most people. 8-)
At least the cat in your avatar is moving. :D

Well the Kat in the garage does move Martin at least a couple of times a week. Unfortunately the bloody T500 is shed bound waiting for the DVLA to get their arse in gear :(
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!
A quote from my old dad 8-)

I started out with nothing and I’ve got most of it left!
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

PaulD738 wrote:
mizzytheman wrote:
PaulD738 wrote:Nick, the cat avatar is a reference to my Katana which was christened the Kat by most people. 8-)

Well the Kat in the garage does move Martin at least a couple of times a week. Unfortunately the bloody T500 is shed bound waiting for the DVLA to get their ar*e in gear :(
Meow :D
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

mizzytheman wrote:
PaulD738 wrote:
mizzytheman wrote:

Well the Kat in the garage does move Martin at least a couple of times a week. Unfortunately the bloody T500 is shed bound waiting for the DVLA to get their ar*e in gear :(
You leave my pussy alone :lol:
They're rubbish them Jap bikes lad they won't last five minutes! you want to get yourself a nice Royal Enfield!

stevewharton

Post by stevewharton »

PaulD738 wrote:
mizzytheman wrote:
PaulD738 wrote:

Beginning to sound like Mrs Slocombe Paul. :oops:
Look, my paintwork hasn't got "Fish scales" :x they're "Dragon scales" right!!! However, after some thought, I will accept "Black Marlin" or "Swordfish", but definitely not "Haddock" or "Cod".
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

nickst4 wrote:Update: while handling the pipes prior to attempting to replace the banjo ends, it has finally become clear that three of them are indeed cracked! Naturally, this in the area of bends quite close to the distribution base rather than on the straight sections, so it will be a challenge to repair. If anyone has a decent 550 oil-pipe rig spare, I'd be very grateful and happy to cross their palm in silver at least. Otherwise, hints on repair would be much appreciated!

Nearly there, possibly...

Nick
on eBay you can get 4-1 ratio heat shrink in clear, if you get the diameter just enough to go over the banjo then slide a piece on to cover the split use hot air gun to shrink down and repair the split, make sure you get the heat shrink with internal glue.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-1-Shrink-R ... xysstSVpua
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
PaulD738

Post by PaulD738 »

stevewharton wrote:
PaulD738 wrote:
Beginning to sound like Mrs Slocombe Paul. :oops:
As I’m not an old fishy fart like you I have no idea what your on about?
I’m free :roll:

nickst4

Post by nickst4 »

itsnotateapot wrote:
on eBay you can get 4-1 ratio heat shrink in clear, if you get the diameter just enough to go over the banjo then slide a piece on to cover the split use hot air gun to shrink down and repair the split, make sure you get the heat shrink with internal glue.https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-1-Shrink-R ... xysstSVpua
What a good idea! I shall order some of that ASAP.
Thanks!

Nick
rodent

Post by rodent »

itsnotateapot wrote:
nickst4 wrote:Update: while handling the pipes prior to attempting to replace the banjo ends, it has finally become clear that three of them are indeed cracked! Naturally, this in the area of bends quite close to the distribution base rather than on the straight sections, so it will be a challenge to repair. If anyone has a decent 550 oil-pipe rig spare, I'd be very grateful and happy to cross their palm in silver at least. Otherwise, hints on repair would be much appreciated!

Nick

Have you done this yourself, if so how long did the fix last?
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Excellent fix Richard. I have a spare set with a small split. I shall deffo be trying that. :D
There is no high pressures involved here so should be no problem.
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

rodent wrote:
itsnotateapot wrote:

Nick
yes I did this about 5 years ago on my gt185 its still good. ps it does take a decent amount of heat to shrink down.

Have you done this yourself, if so how long did the fix last?
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.