Red tank badge prices

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Gr8uncleal

Red tank badge prices

Post by Gr8uncleal »

Evening all and I hope that you are well.

Is it me, or have prices for the red "Suzuki" tank badges gone through the roof recently? You can almost buy a half decent tank for some of the prices I've seen!

And as for the price of an original exhaust system.............!!

I'd better make a "list" so that Gr8auntiepat doesn't give my bikes and parts away when I depart this mortal coil!

That reminds me of something that a chap on another forum posted, sort of Covid related. He said his nightmare was of him passing away and his missus selling his bikes for what he told her he paid for them!

Stay safe.

Alan B
yeadon_m

Re: Red tank badge prices

Post by yeadon_m »

Hi Alan,
Yes, I’ve noticed as I’ve just bought three! One on my 550 made a successful bid for freedom while I was out on it recently. The lost one was a repro badge, which is quite a bit heavier than standard & also more brittle. Not cheap either! But the glitter orange is a good match. I think I got it from Badge Replicas. I broke it while trying to gently shape it to follow the profile of the side panel. Even though each piece was held by a spring clip on the pin inside the panel, one piece made a getaway while riding.
The other pair are for the second body set (Maui blue) to which I’ve treated myself.
I think they were £35 each?
And red of course. Shame the glitter orange items are nla!
Mike
Gr8uncleal

Post by Gr8uncleal »

Thanks for the post Mike.

Do you know the part number of the "Glitter Orange" badge and which models had them fitted as standard?
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

I don’t I’m afraid & it’s no use, the last Suzuki ones have long been sold.
I know that all the GT triples had glitter orange side panel badges.
Tbh, if you didn’t know what colour & finish the 1970s badges were, you’d not miss them when fitting the plain red ones we get today.
In a way, I’m grateful that these parts are available at all.
My GT380B has its original badges on. Actually, the right side panel was nicked in Portsmouth in 1980, so it’s three years younger than the other side!
Cheers,
Mike
Attachments
AAA65C17-48B1-42E9-9CDF-FF5DCC29A278.jpeg