NEW OWNER

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
arthur

NEW OWNER

Post by arthur »

This may not be the right place to introduce myself BUT HERE GO'S
I'm Arthur from Sunny Shropshire. 60 something serial tinkerer and bodger
In a moment of nostalgic madness I have sourced a Italian import GT 380 of 1975 vintage ,all there just neglected
I never had one in my youth, old British iron was my bag followed by Honda CB 250 K4 ,The only two stroke in my road bike history was a Honda NS400R (Wish I had kept that one)
Any way in a lock down blur of spanners I have refurbed the carbs ,replaced the points, fixed the oil line spider & oil seal O rings
Only to find the oil pump was leaking from the end of the actuator arm pulling the top of the pump apart I found the oil seal hard as a hard thing on a hard day.
After many hours of trawling the net with in the hope of finding one I spoke with my local Bearing Man they are convinced they can supply one bespoke for around a fiver in 3 days turnaround "here's hoping "'.
With a bit of luck she may live again by next week
Then I have to fix the gear indicator switch, sort out the sun damaged clock glass and the hundred and one LITTLE things that need sorting .
I have no doubt that I will be back shortly with all sorts of questions
mizzytheman

Re: NEW OWNER

Post by mizzytheman »

Hi Arthur,

And welcome to the forum. Plenty of GT 380 enthusiasts on here who I’m sure will be able to help you out with any queries you may have.

You may have a unique bike there as Suzuki increased the size of the engine to 384cc specifically for the Italian market.
More information here. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_GT_series
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Hi Arthur, welcome to the air cooled KC.
Don't let people take the P pricewise, lots of after market seals, bearings etc. available at very sensible prices.
Last edited by Alan H on Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
BAZ

Post by BAZ »

Welcome to the forum ask away..great intro.
teazer

Post by teazer »

Welcome.
The oil seal on the pump shaft is both an off-standard size and an unusual shape. Ian Sandy found a seal he thinks will work and I used an O ring on the last build and it has lasted for years.

If your seal supplier can get one made, please let us all know the dimensions. I know a lot of people that need them.
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Welcome Arthur great intro. For everyones info i copied this PDF on the oil pump arm seal replacement
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... U1CqlFh9rk
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE