Ram Air cover fasteners

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
yeadon_m

Ram Air cover fasteners

Post by yeadon_m »

Morning folks!
I wonder if any of you with anorak spec fasteners holding down your Ram Air covers would do me a favour?
About 40 years ago, I replaced all mine with Allen key headed bolts, because the originals had acquired a ‘patina’ from living outside in England for a few winters.
I hadn’t realised until recently that the vertical fasteners were dome headed bolts. Would someone with their bolts measure & photograph them for me?
The horizontal screws are simple enough, except I don’t know the dimensions of the screw heads. Again, measurements & a picture would be very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Mike
Alan H

Re: Ram Air cover fasteners

Post by Alan H »

6mm x 25mm long Mike.
They're listed on Alpha Sports site, but only L model, but they are the same. 'Cylinder attachment' page.
https://alpha-sports.com/suzuki_parts.htm
Toolstation do some nice stainless button head allen studs at a 'very good' price. I've got them on the Earwig. Like these.....
85347.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
Harrymail

Post by Harrymail »

These are what I have used Mike. AS they are JIS they look very much like original. The seller is on ebay as well as a website. 20mm on the sides, 25mm on the top ones.

Paul
Attachments
20200628_123949.jpg
20200628_124009.jpg
Currently without a GT, but looking
2003 Yamaha Fazer 600 Blue
2020 Triumph Street Twin Red
1968 BSA Bantam Sports Red
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Thank you, guys!
As it turns out, one of our tame & very expert fabricators, Ian B, is making me a set, copies of the originals (which I must long ago have chucked in the bin!).
Cheers,
Mike