Oil from exhausts GT250

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
gary557

Oil from exhausts GT250

Post by gary557 »

I have started getting my gt250 ready for MOT. Its in great nick and looks lovely, but I am getting lots of oil out of the exhausts when its running, the motor sounds sweet. Whats the problem do you guys think?

Gary
yeadon_m

Re: Oil from exhausts GT250

Post by yeadon_m »

Gary,
Welcome and good luck with your MOT. Smoke will not be an MOT issue. Its a two stroke! if it smokes more than it should, it will probably clear if you give it a good run for 20miles or so- there may be collected o stroke oil in the bottom of the crank where it leaks past the pump on standing unused.
Cheers,
Mike
gary557

Post by gary557 »

yeadon_m wrote:Gary,
Welcome and good luck with your MOT. Smoke will not be an MOT issue. Its a two stroke! if it smokes more than it should, it will probably clear if you give it a good run for 20miles or so- there may be collected o stroke oil in the bottom of the crank where it leaks past the pump on standing unused.
Cheers,
Mike
Thanks for the comments Mike, smoke is not the issue, its the oil! It has stood for a while, so you may be right about the collected 2 stroke oil [hope so ] I will give it a thrash, see if it clears it .

gARY
didge

Post by didge »

My GT250 doesn't get a lot of use Gary, but when it does it smokes like an allotment fire on a damp afternoon, I've even had oncoming cars flashing their lights at me cos there's so much blue smoke coming out the back, but it clears, eventually.

It needs a good hard ride.............................that Reminds me of a girl I used to know. ;-)
Roger Ackery

Post by Roger Ackery »

didge wrote:My GT250 doesn't get a lot of use Gary, but when it does it smokes like an allotment fire on a damp afternoon, I've even had oncoming cars flashing their lights at me cos there's so much blue smoke coming out the back, but it clears, eventually.

It needs a good hard ride.............................that Reminds me of a girl I used to know. ;-)
THINK we've all had one of those! The girl,... not the bike!!! Regards Roger.
Last edited by Roger Ackery on Sat May 26, 2012 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
KETTLE BOY

Post by KETTLE BOY »

Roger Ackery wrote:
didge wrote:My GT250 doesn't get a lot of use Gary, but when it does it smokes like an allotment fire on a damp afternoon, I've even had oncoming cars flashing their lights at me cos there's so much blue smoke coming out the back, but it clears, eventually.

THINK we've all had on of those! The girl not the bike!!! Regards Roger.

Me too, but where are they now??.... Could come in handy right now, like our chinnese avata dancer!!
GT750 J 1972
GT750 L 1974
Z900 A4 1976
ZZR1100. 1998
Breville Sandwich Maker
I'm never wrong.. Once I thought I was, but I was mistaken.

Alan H

Post by Alan H »

You know what old women have that young girls don't have?

Tits on their bellies.

I know, I know, coat....door........
Proof that four strokes are over complicated