GT380 r/h inner exhaust anyone?

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
wardy

GT380 r/h inner exhaust anyone?

Post by wardy »

Hi guys. i'm just pre-empting the winter rebuild on the 380; My current r/hand inner pipe is very noisy, and so I would like to source another.
has anyone got one?
chrome needn't be great, as a long as ther'es no rattles, I would have it rechromed.
cheers, Andy
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
Roger Ackery

Re: GT380 r/h inner exhaust anyone?

Post by Roger Ackery »

Hi Andy,had my right had top pipe opened up years ago to extract broken baffle,unseamed all "rubbish" removed from pipe,internal baffle plates rewelded,pipe halves put back together,seams rewelded then rechromed.All this wasn't cheap as you can imagine!!! But I had no choice to keep the bike standard,all this happened long before Delkevic's,as this would have been a better solution had the replicas been around. The only trouble with looking around for another pipe is they are all much the same age & probably have the same problems.I'm sure Mike Yeadon has written here on his experience with GT550/380 pipes,broken internal baffle plates & rattles etc. Roger. GT750A
Cheers.
Roger
GT750A.
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Andy,
Reiner holds NOS inner pipes for the GT380, at least he did a few years back and I bought a pair. Expensive but as I'd already shelled out ahem amounts of dosh on two NOS large pipes from separate sellers, I decided I might as well do the whole lot. I wasted a ton of money having old pipes rechromed and having the chrome fail, so the whole experience was a lesson to me.
Cheers,
Mike
wardy

Post by wardy »

Thank you Mike; that seems the way to go for me i think; Is that the same guy who always has a stand at the Stafford show?
if so, i'm going in october. and can pick one up
Andy;
1976 gt750A; 86 FZ750
1977gt380A
1982 z400j
1981 z650f.....1988 Sufolk punch 14"
"look;it's my bike; when you own it ,you can paint it any colour you like!"
(I once painted my Z650 PINK and had the pink panther logo on the tailpiece)
yeadon_m

Post by yeadon_m »

Andy,
The fellow is gtreiner1@aol.com. I just checked his April 2012 parts list and sadly, a RH inner is no longer listed. Sorry to have got your hopes up! back to the hint for a rattle-free decent one for rechroming perhaps?
I eventually want to do the same for my GT750A, as one or both middle pipes while not rattling, sound a bit woofy as if various bits have fallen away inside. They look purty and sound OK-ish, but the note isn't quite right. I was hoping Delkevic would come through with separates.
Good luck!
Mike