Slow starting

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Alan H

Re: Slow starting

Post by Alan H »

Another day in the garage and progress is steady but progressing all the same!!!
Attachments
June 9th 1.jpg
Proof that four strokes are over complicated
itsnotateapot

Post by itsnotateapot »

Alan it looks like the blast cabinet is part of the bike, is this a mobile bead blasting service!
SUZUKI GT750 L 8-)
SUZUKI T500 M 8-)
SUZUKI GT185 K 8-)
Suzuki T500 Cobra 8-) 8-)
Suzuki GTS 500 Hybrid.
Suzuki RG250.
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

I thought it was the top box.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

You never know when you might need a quick blast!!!
Kettletimes3

Post by Kettletimes3 »

It will certainly be a clean running motor.
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Motor? Who said anything about a motor?
That would need money spending on it for that petrol stuff.

Haarrrr much?!?!?!?!?!?!
mizzytheman

Post by mizzytheman »

I've seen that bike travelling around south Yorkshire. I think it was the Pizza boy !!!
Attachments
pizzahutlate.jpg
pizzahutlate.jpg (36.31 KiB) Viewed 1830 times
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Well, the current compressor wasn't compressing very well. I stripped the head off and cleaned the little poppets and it went off like a good 'un again, but when trying to use the soda blaster it was struggling to keep up. It always struggled with the blast cabinet and I've been looking and bidding on compressors without success - I always seemed to bid 'not quite enough' (no surprise there I suppose). Anyway, I finally managed to get a better compressor today - 3kw V twin jobby in excellent condition complete with wheel nut gun, two 10m lengths of hose, polisher, tyre inflators, a 25Litre auxiliary tank and some other bits all for just over £200. So if I sell the bits I don't need and the old compressor I might only cost half price! (Oooo, I do love a bargain!)
So then I can get on with the soda blasting and other work I need to do. Looks like the ultrasonic cleaner will have to wait until next month now. (Bugger!!)

Surprising what one can spend without earache when the other half is away for a few days isn't it?

Mind you the old lugs will be on fire on saturday when she finds out. Good job I didn't buy that T500 this week then I suppose........
Attachments
'new' compressor. Pretty innit?
'new' compressor. Pretty innit?
Alan H

Post by Alan H »

Progress at last! The front brake is fitted and working, the back brake as well, just managed to get the engine swung into position and bolted into place this afternoon after I replaced the SRIS tubing and cleaning the valves. Drained all the crappy diesel out of the crankcases (I'd had each crankcase soaking for quite a long time to wash all the crud out, bathe the bearings and hopefully soften the crank seals to give them a chance of some life).
Pistons fitted, barrels on and just dropped the head on so that it will be harder to drop anything down the ports!
It actually looks like a bike now, but it's a barsteward to shove in and out of the garage now. T'was a lot lighter with the engine out for some reason.

Engine fitting Plan A;
I had the bare engine, less pistons, barrels, head, and most of the cases ready to go in and then I tried to lift it to drop it in. K'INELL!!!!
Plan B;
Threaded a piece of rope from front to back of the engine and hung via a set of chain blocks from the garage roof, push bike in to the side of the engine and put on centre stand. Swing engine in and get top front bolt in. Lower engine and other three bolts were glad to go in with minimal (ish) swearing. Woohoo!
Remembered to fit rear brake light switch bracket before I tightened bolts up.
Check fingers for damage - none! Woohoo again!!!
Fit 20 thou over barrels from J after polishing pistons, cleaning rings and hone bores. All bearings checked and seem OK.
A good day after getting up this morning after a party last night feeling quite second hand and then being threatened with no food until I'd cleaned all the windows and PVC frames.

I'm knackered, so I thing some Aberlour will be getting transferred from bottle to me next.
sportston

Post by sportston »

Think I'd have a Craggenmoore myself instead. But bike is looking good. Nice compressor too.
Keep up the good work