GT550 Oil Pump Question

Post your problems / information on the smaller GT Models here
Syd

Re: GT550 Oil Pump Question

Post by Syd »

Yep, I was thinking that as well so it may be a simple cheap option when you consider I paid 59.00 pound for a set of these new GT550 check valves which all leak...Someone over here also suggested fitting a small 12v solenoid valve which opens when you turn the ignition on
wents75

Post by wents75 »

Like it!
barney01

Post by barney01 »

Well today I fitted a tap to my oil line. To me it makes sense . I ride my bike every day so I won't be shutting it anytime soon but if I have to leave the bike for any length of time, or working on the oil pump or spider I will be. I have decided if the pump is off I will put the side panel somewhere else just to remind me.
Attachments
Tap to prevent oil seep and hydraulic lock
Tap to prevent oil seep and hydraulic lock
NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
Syd

Post by Syd »

That looks nice and neatly fitted
DayvW55

Post by DayvW55 »

That does look neat .. and I too do get a build up of oil after a long time not turned over (OK in season but over the winter its an issue - so like you - I'd leave on all summer as the odd week break .. even a few - is not an issue .. but a few months does result in my neighbors houses and nearby fields disappearing in smoke!).

Where did you get it? If online - can you add a link?

Thanks,
Dave

PS. Just need to stop my pesky fuel tap from dripping after being filled up sometimes ... it does stop if I push it in and fiddle a bit - I think I need to bend the spring a bit more to force it tight.
PPS. Had a lovely ride up over Exmoor today .. every time I take her out she seems to get better. I have now .. just ... stopped worrying that something will go wrong post resto .. just going brilliantly .. just as happy pottering as being thrashed .. nice .... :D .
barney01

Post by barney01 »

NO SMOKE .......NO POKE
DayvW55

Post by DayvW55 »

Excellent .. many thanks.
Fula28

Post by Fula28 »

This is a great solution to this ongoing oil check valve saga... I have same issues on Gt380 I'm currently doing. Top fix.